website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

Meanwhile this lady is pulling a 'Trump fans 101' and doing exactly what they'd do.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Ocasio-Cortez is one person that will blow up the Democratic party from the inside going forward. Even left-wing The Guardian has seen the light.

The progressives vs moderates civil war inside the Democratic party is only on hold, it will sky-rocket in 2021 again IMO.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/08/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-ends-truce-by-warning-incompetent-democratic-party

Meanwhile Cal Cunningham seems to have conceded in North Carolina and the first calls of NC in the presidential race is also coming for Trump.

But the republican desperation keeps coming. Even Errol Weber who lost in the race for one of the most democratic leaning house seats wants to challenge the result. 

In Arizona the republicans are ready for another challenge which could affect a whooping 180 votes in Maricopa County! Don't get me wrong, every single mistake is bad for the democracy but these numbers doesn't show the slightest reason to believe that Trump could overturn this.

On 10/11/2020 at 02:53, konig said:

We are totally agree!!, but remember Trump "will cause the third world war" according his detractors and, for the contrary, Obama was tolerance and peace.....and he won the Peace Nobel :lol:.

Carl von Clausewitze says: "War is nothing but a continuation of politics with the admixture of other means".

Not sure who said that Trump would start WW3, but I remember that some people predicted that Clinton would start WW3 if she would become president. Personally I don’t really feel that the world has become safer under Trump. China is more aggressive for sure, but I am not sure how much that has to do with Trump (not really seeming to care about (some) American allies). Not sure where we stand with North Korea and Iran, but at least Trump seems to have a good relationship with Russia ...

I think American people mostly care about how many of their soldiers die and how much their wars cost and I think in that regard Trump did a good job. Right now I can’t tell whether that was the best strategy longterm.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

On 10/11/2020 at 06:37, Vic Liu said:

Current agreetment is already the best one for Armenia as long as Russia doesn’t directly involve. Azerbaijan already got the second largest city and the capital is the next one to fight. But now at least they saved the capital and can expect fight back someday in the future. 

Armenia feels sad and angry that the whole world abandoned them including Russia. That is the cruel reality. People fight for interests not values or friendships. Apparently enough Azerbaijan is much more strategically important for most countries.

1) I heard that not only Russian, but also TURKISH soldiers will be used as peacekeepers. If that is true, it would be a huge humiliation of Armenian people.

2) I think Russia likes to keep Armenia in a position of weakness, where they need Russia. Also this has shown Armenia that turning towards Europe might not be a very good idea. Azerbaijan has gained importance for Europe recently (energy) and in general has a very important position as „gateway“ to Iran.

3) From what I understand Armenia never had a right to „occupy“ that region, so I have a hard time feeling sorry for Armenia.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

On 10/11/2020 at 10:29, heywoodu said:

Yep, and absolutely nothing to do with the region itself :)!

No doubt every single issue there comes from the Big Bad Americans :)!

But then you could go back even further in history and think about how the borders in the Middle East came to be in the first place ... 

Obviously it makes no sense to ignore the elephant in the room (religion holding back the development of certain countries), but usually the US mostly/exclusively cares about its own interests and in many cases that means natural resources (but I am sure that we don’t really disagree about that).

3 hours ago, dcro said:

Washington Post really had him down 17 points? :yikes: 

Twitter did not flag this.

Yes they did, a week or so before the election.

cPIgYHf.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Now this is funny.  :thumbup:

The Trump campaign is posting obituaries of some of the people who rose from the grave & voted last week.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/victims-of-voter-fraud-initial-announcement-of-deceased-georgians-used-to-vote-in-2020-general-election/

Naturally they start in Georgia, where The Walking Dead is filmed.