website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Championships 2021

hckošice

1 hour ago, JonPhi said:

Looks like the third medal for Germany :lol: We expected that in Biathlon, but not in Alpin :clap:

Yes, really surprising, especially after you said that that German women’s team is a disaster. Now Germany has 3 silver medals while Norway, Italy, France and the US have 2 Bronze medals combined.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

21 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Yes, really surprising, especially after you said that that German women’s team is a disaster. Now Germany has 3 silver medals while Norway, Italy, France and the US have 2 Bronze medals combined.

German's women "team" is Weidle & Duerr :p  Martina Ertl could probably make the 2021 Giant Slalom team if she wanted :evil:

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Bassino can't choke in GS that much? But anything other than gold would be a disappointement for her.

on that slope it would take a miracle for her to get on the podium...

Cortina is the worst location for the Italian skiers except Kostner in the past and Goggia right now...

unfortunately, Sofia is at home with her broken leg...:cry:

Provisional Medal Count After Events 4/13

Rank
Nation
Gold
Silver
Bronze
Total
SUI.gif Switzerland
AUT.gif Austria
GER.gif Germany
FRA.gif France
USA.gif United States
Total
192857frds9zgqqf9xsy4x.png Road 192857frds9zgqqf9xsy4x.png
to Beijing 2022

Provisional Medal Count After Events 4/11 Olympic Events Only

Rank
Nation
Gold
Silver
Bronze
Total
SUI.gif Switzerland
AUT.gif Austria
GER.gif Germany
FRA.gif France
USA.gif United States
Total
192857frds9zgqqf9xsy4x.png Road 192857frds9zgqqf9xsy4x.png
to Beijing 2022

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• Before I react wrongly: you are joking, right?     Talking about events that add nothing at all...(and again, yes, I watch the World Cups and everything, but things like that can stay nicely in the sport-specific World Cups and championships and away from something like the Olympics, just like the biathlon sprint and pursuit should not both be an Olympic medal event and that's a hill I'll gladly die on )
    • Argentina and Brazil losing in preliminaries in same day, that's something which we not see every year ok, Argentina lost in Colombia, but Brazil...damn
    • Been way less busy the last couple of days (usually I find something to watch, but besides KOTC and NFL there’s been nothing), still there’s a decent amount to look forwards to the next week or so.    Lots of tennis on with the Davis Cup and the Guadalajara Open, probably will watch more then is on the schedule. Also will try and catch some of the World Skate Games and the 3x3 U23 World Cup. No AVP League for me, stupid idiots decided to ruin the sport by making it PPV when it was doing completely fine on YouTube.      Anyone know if there’s a free streaming option for the Women’s U20 Football World Cup? For Canada’s matches of course    Wednesday (Sep 11)   Thursday (Sep 12) 5:00 AM: Davis Cup - Group Stage Canada v. Finland   Friday (Sep 13) 11:00 AM: Diamond League Final Eugene - Day 1 12:00 PM: Canadian Short Track Speed Skating Championships - Finals (lesser priority)   Saturday (Sep 14) 11:00 AM: Diamond League Final Eugene - Day 2 12:00 PM: Canadian Short Track Speed Skating Championships - Finals (lesser priority)   Sunday (Sep 15) 12:00 PM: Canadian Short Track Speed Skating Championships - Finals   Monday (Sep 16)   Tuesday (Sep 17) 
    • For me, the Asian surprise is Indonesia, with 2 draws against big teams in Asian qualifications, Saudi Arabia and Australia.   About Iran, I think you'll qualify easy from this group. Qatar looks very weak at the moment, you need a good result in Uzbekistan next month and that's all, I would say.
    • Women's junior ITT just started, both Sporza ( ) and UEC have a live stream.   https://www.uec.ch/en/actu/288/live-streaming-2024-uec-european-road-championships
    • That is awesome     Seems like it was a quite fun night for the neutral observer, Colombia beating Argentina, Bolivia beating Chile, Paraguay beating Brazil  
    • It's time for the luge sprint events to become olympic. A luge sprint Mixed-Teamrelay wouldn't be a bad idea either. 
    • Right. I would be in favour of also having seperate medal events for the speed skating allround and speed skating sprint classifications      
    • But how? I've seen basically all World Cups and major events in the past 6-7-8 years or so, but the team event is usually the easiest one to skip through when watching later     Not like it is never exciting, but it doesn't really add much. The only thing that is actually different is sitting up to hit the paddle, apart from that it is simply a few consecutive runs put together. Of course it needed to be there, because every sport 'needs' a (mixed) team event for whatever reason.
    • Makes me wonder how that works for them, financially. Especially something that, internationally, is a rather obscure sport would surely benefit more from their biggest events being widely available to a global audience, instead of hidden behind a pay wall?   World Rowing did a much better job for example, their more obscure event, like last weekend's coastal rowing world champs, was available in it's entirety and for free on their YouTube channel, which is an excellent way to try and gain a bit of new audience..