website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

Just now, hckošice said:

wanna count how many times our athletes were slovenian here ?

I almost had a heart attack when Bandi entered the boxing ring as first slovak boxer afer 25 years just to hear the arena speaker: in the blue corner representing Sloveeeeeeenia

you can watch it on ESP, he repeated it 3 times even also after his win. (Monday 26th July morning session)

Trust me, I know how often the Slovakia names gets mixed up with Slovenia. And it kinda never happens to Slovenia being called Slovakia. It's always Slovakia being called Slovenia from what I can tell over the years :p

1 minute ago, dcro said:

I am guessing some unforeseen marathon medal. You never know. :d

I really doubt sadly, They failed enormously in boxing, Bidani out for covid, Makhloufi for injury. so thats it. disappointing games for them, I know the olympics are not only about medals but I realy feel sad for them. I would love to see every nation winning something and enjoying a success, not onl the same nations again and again

3 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Trust me, I know how often the Slovakia names gets mixed up with Slovenia. And it kinda never happens to Slovenia being called Slovakia. It's always Slovakia being called Slovenia from what I can tell over the years :p

oh, it happen as well haha, according to OBS we won a medal in London 2012 hammer throw :lol:

0:40 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4ZMlI9ql-0

The shot put podium is the exact same as it was in Rio 2016. Apparently this the first time a podium has been repeated like this.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

38 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Thiam 54,68. That could be enough for gold medal with 2:15 run in 800?

This was likely to be enough for Thiam, but she does need to hope Vetter doesn't do anything extraordinary in group B. Vidts in pole position for bronze meanwhile, anything above 50 really should be enough for Vetter to secure a medal as long as she doesn't completely explode on the 800

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!