website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics 2016 Discussion Thread

bestmen

3 minutes ago, gvaisakh said:

That was only her 1st jump.. Her 2nd jump was 14.533.. Avg score is considered.. Her avg is 14.799

She scored slightly less when compared to her worlds score

if i remember right ...for the all around only the first vault is considered ................ the 2nd vault is considered for the vault individual qualification 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

3 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

There are 33 countries competing, and 28 countries will earn and individual quota for sure. Two extra countries may qualify if Brazil and Germany qualify a full team (both are very likely to happen). That means only the three lowest ranked countries in the all-around competition will not qualify.

I think Dipa is on the right track. She scores around 10.0 on the Uneven Bars and 11-12 on the Balance Beam. This should be enough to outscore Belarus for now, and even maybe Poland.

Poland has two girls. So this is stupid competitions. Only 5 countries are out.

Comparing with last year's Worlds:

2015: Australia

VT: 56.600

UB: 52.748

2016: Australia

VT: 56.532

UB: 54.899

2015: Romania

UB: 49.133

BB: 54.932

2016: Romania

UB: 50.599

BB: 55.007

Which means Romania is a little bit better than last year, but needs more to qualify.

Just now, vinipereira said:

Comparing with last year's Worlds:

2015: Romania

UB: 49.133

BB: 54.932

2016: Romania

UB: 50.599

BB: 55.007

Which means Romania is a little bit better than last year, but needs more to qualify.

Let's see now if Ponor can score something really big on the floor.

#banbestmen

17 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

There are 33 countries competing, and 28 countries will earn and individual quota for sure. Two extra countries may qualify if Brazil and Germany qualify a full team (both are very likely to happen). That means only the three lowest ranked countries in the all-around competition will not qualify.

I think Dipa is on the right track. She scores around 10.0 on the Uneven Bars and 11-12 on the Balance Beam. This should be enough to outscore Belarus for now, and even maybe Poland.

We can actually exclude the girl from Algeria who has already secured African quota (plus she is not even entered for all of the apparatus today).

And I got 29 countries for sure to qualify. :mumble:60 team members, 2 medalists, 4 from non-qualified teams, 2 Africa and 1 tripartite. That's 69 out of 98 quotas (29 left).

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen