website statistics

Alpine Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

1 minute ago, dcro said:

A girl that was 34 seconds behind will compete in the team event against Switzerland. That should be exciting. :p

Well, Meillard is out, so you never know!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Happy for the vampire and the italian girl, very sad about Shiffrin winning a medal. Hirscher on the men's side and Shiffrin on the women's side, very boring, but not their fault.

The two best athletes of the season not winning a medal is very sad, but they have only themselves to blame. I almost had the feeling as if Rebensburg didn't know that this was the olympics, she had absolutely no aggression. I hoped that Hrovat would win a medal, but she isn't ready for now. Bassino also seems to be stuck, not much of a progression recently.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

10 godzin temu, heywoodu napisał:

Mölgg, who expected that! 

That is heartbreaking :( 

This was VERY expected. Moelgg has a history of crashing out under pressure, hell, I'm shocked she even finished the 2nd run!

Back in 2009 World Champs she led the slalom after 1st run and then still had the lead on the final split... with 10 turns to go she straddled a gate and threw away a certain gold medal.

I'm very surprised both Worley and Rebensburg had such a poor showing in the 1st run.

Shiffrin will re-write the history books when it's all said and done. She will make Lindsey Vonn's World Cup numbers look second-best. She will probably slay the slalom tomorrow ;)

Mowinckel is having the season of her lifetime and gets her reward. The women's alpine skiing team has always struggled compared to the men and their last elite skier was probably Trine Bakke like 15 years ago. Now they have Nina Loseth and Mowinckel.

I'm really happy Brignone got a medal. She's had some bad luck following her World Championships silver in 2011. I believe her mother finished 4th in the slalom at Lake Placid OG (just 0,03 behind Erika Hess). I was really cheering for a Brignone medal here :)

6 godzin temu, OlympicsFan napisał:

Happy for the vampire and the italian girl, very sad about Shiffrin winning a medal. Hirscher on the men's side and Shiffrin on the women's side, very boring, but not their fault.

The two best athletes of the season not winning a medal is very sad, but they have only themselves to blame. I almost had the feeling as if Rebensburg didn't know that this was the olympics, she had absolutely no aggression. I hoped that Hrovat would win a medal, but she isn't ready for now. Bassino also seems to be stuck, not much of a progression recently.

Nobody bet on Rebensburg in Vancouver, now she underperforms as a major medal favorite. Skiing gods giveth, skiing gods taketh :)

Shiffrin is a generational talent, I don't know how can you feel 'sad' about her performance? Rebensburg wasn't winning the gold with that 1st run anyway ;)  It's not Shiffrin's fault Lara Gut has stalled lately and Anna Veith doesn't have the same speed since her injuries. She truly stands heads & shoulders above her peers now. It's gonna be curious though to see what Petra Vlhova does in the slalom tomorrow. Maybe she'll make it competitive.

Edited by Monzanator
additional like