website statistics

Women's Football FIFA World Cup 2019

Mkbw50

:yikes:

That was a seriously bad match, but fine, don't care :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

:NED  had to play the UEFA play-offs to qualify for this World Cup, and now they're in the final.

The Dutch women been undefeated in big tournaments since the 1/8th final loss against Japan in 2015, as they won 6 matches in a row at Euro 2017 winning their first major title, after debuting in 2009 (semi-finals) and playing in 2013 (finishing last in their group), and now another 6 wins in a row at this World Cup in only their 2nd appearance ever. And now they will also debut at the Olympic Games. :thumbup:

They've grown so much in such a short period of time.

Summary of yesterdays game:
-Sweden dominating first 70 minutes and it is bad that they couldnt score during that time

- Sweden deserved a penalty, don´t remember the time but it was in the 2nd half I think. Very strange after all the use of VAR that they didnt even look at the situation.

- Last maybe 25 minutes the Netherlands was instead dominating and they continued in the whole extra time.

- Terrible referee. "Fortunately" both teams suffered from that.

Edited by Swewi

Terrible referee? I enjoyed how she managed to keep control by talking instead of throwing around cards.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Italian ref was on VAR. Why didn't he signal anything? :lol:

So there was something wrong and not only losing fans complaining? :p

Irrati was the VAR...the best one in Serie A for 2 years in a row, he's not incompetent and commits very few mistakes. I'd say some of the possibilities are:

a) a huge blunder, like he was looking elsewhere or something like that or

b) technology didn't work or

c) he got instructions to favor NED over SWE or

d) NED player is his girlfriend.

Choose the one that you prefer, I'm not certain.

46 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

So there was something wrong and not only losing fans complaining? :p

Irrati was the VAR...the best one in Serie A for 2 years in a row, he's not incompetent and commits very few mistakes. I'd say some of the possibilities are:

a) a huge blunder, like he was looking elsewhere or something like that or

b) technology didn't work or

c) he got instructions to favor NED over SWE or

d) NED player is his girlfriend.

Choose the one that you prefer, I'm not certain.

If the ball's inside the area I'd rather think all three people in the VAR room are not looking elsewhere :p I think the ball trajectory suggested it was played by the Dutch defender, there was a very similar tackle in the group stage Italy vs Jamaica IIRC when BBC screamed bloody murder and outrage when a penalty was awarded for Italy (Jamaican defender clipped the ankle which went sideways and played the ball like it was tackled by the Jamaican player clean). Only after VAR replay the absolute idiot BBC commentator had to eat crowd and admit it was a stonewall penalty (I believe you watched that game since you're Italian).

Sadly this error clearly falls on Irrati who didn't even make the call to the ref on the pitch. Yes, I believe VAR replay could have given Sweden a penalty but it's all irrelevant now.