website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Sports Programme

3 minutes ago, NearPup said:

I have a lot of qualms about the format and the rules, but I do feel like a sport with a well established pro circuit with a lot of serious competitors that was healthy before the IOC got involved really deserves some credit for obviously doing something right (see also: surfing, climbing or my favourite whipping boy, karate).

They need to keep Following the mantra of “if you do it then do it right “

3 minutes ago, NearPup said:

This may sound harsh, but IMO if a sport depends on the Olympics it's more an argument to axe it than to keep it.

Perhaps it’s harsh but the point is that some Sports need the Olympics and some are just in, and some are football, where the men event is not even considered main 

7 hours ago, NearPup said:

I have a lot of qualms about the format and the rules, but I do feel like a sport with a well established pro circuit with a lot of serious competitors that was healthy before the IOC got involved really deserves some credit for obviously doing something right (see also: surfing, climbing or my favourite whipping boy, karate).

in any case, I think they must put an age limit (at least no sub-14) in skateboarding, as other sports normally played by very young boys and girls have (thinking of diving and gymnastics, for instance)...

but replacing karate with breakdancing is just a capital mistake...actually, it's a shame...pure sh*t...because of that, I already hate the Paris Games and the IOC...:redcard::bones:

7 hours ago, NearPup said:

What's kind of funny is that most people I know that follow sports casually just sort of assumed skateboarding was already in the Olympics.

Yes, because you are in America/Canada. :d Go ask your average Romanian, or Armenian, or Mongolian, or Kenyan.

2 hours ago, phelps said:

in any case, I think they must put an age limit (at least no sub-14) in skateboarding, as other sports normally played by very young boys and girls have (thinking of diving and gymnastics, for instance)...

but replacing karate with breakdancing is just a capital mistake...actually, it's a shame...pure sh*t...because of that, I already hate the Paris Games and the IOC...:redcard::bones:

I dont like karate at all but switching it with breakdance is just plain idiotic. Whats next, paintball?

11 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

I dont like karate at all but switching it with breakdance is just plain idiotic. Whats next, paintball?

I'm campaigning to add Competitive Eating for the 2028 olympics. What's more American then eating tons of hotdogs again and again ?

11 minutes ago, intoronto said:

E sports

As you know, e sports were actually close to be selected for Paris. Fortunatelly, there was someone in IOC who had more than 1 functioning brain cell so luckilly we wont watch Call of Duty at least until LA. 

44 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

I'm campaigning to add Competitive Eating for the 2028 olympics. What's more American then eating tons of hotdogs again and again ?

I support you. I remember Japanese guy who was record holder until Chestnut appeared. 

Let them fight in LA 2028, USA style