website statistics

Luge FIL World Cup 2017 - 2018

hckošice

Gerade eben schrieb dcro:

Nope, just ridiculous technological advantage. Fair or not.

Of course, technological advantages are a main reason for success in all sliding sports. It's a matter of money and know-how. Same is true btw for waxing techniques in Cross-country and Biathlon. This might be unfair as countries start with unequal preconditions. But it is not unfair in terms of "against the rules".

1 minute ago, Gianlu33 said:

It's fair. More investments + natural talent = results

It's borderline fair for me. While rules allow it, I'd prefer to have everyone using the same sleds. Like in Laser sailing, where everyone uses the same boat, meaning the best sailor will always win.

#banbestmen

57 minutes ago, dcro said:

It's borderline fair for me. While rules allow it, I'd prefer to have everyone using the same sleds. Like in Laser sailing, where everyone uses the same boat, meaning the best sailor will always win.

I know but we have the same situation in all winter sports (expect curling and maybe ice hockey). If you have better materials you are advance

vor einer Stunde schrieb dcro:

As said, the same then applies to all Skiing disciplines where every athletes had to start with skiers waxed by the same people, Track cycling etc. To equal preconditions and make the athlete with the best talent win, every athlete should then have the same coaches as they provide know how and tactics. I know, that this is unrealistic. But my point is: The Germans do not only spend lots of money in sliding sports (other countries do that, too), they have a lot of know-how among coaches and try to bring lots of youth athletes to sliding sports - from ALL of this, the medals result.

1 hour ago, dcro said:

I'd definitely prefer that, sadly there is absolutely no way that is ever going to happen. (Just like I'd prefer for example everyone in biathlon or XC using the same wax, to avoid big countries having 765001 different combinations to test while small nations have exactly one pair of training skis and one pair of competitions skis + one pot of wax)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, LowerSaxony said:

As said, the same then applies to all Skiing disciplines where every athletes had to start with skiers waxed by the same people, Track cycling etc. To equal preconditions and make the athlete with the best talent win, every athlete should then have the same coaches as they provide know how and tactics. I know, that this is unrealistic. But my point is: The Germans do not only spend lots of money in sliding sports (other countries do that, too), they have a lot of know-how among coaches and try to bring lots of youth athletes to sliding sports - from ALL of this, the medals result.

This is the same situations that we have in Italy, btw our economic conditions are wrost than Germany. We haven't more a sleds track and the winter sport federation gave to the luge a very small budget...

4 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Btw, for the Italian team it will be a disaster I think.. 93-100% of humidity :(

Only a 3rd place for Robatscher, awful, just awful I tell you!

NPH-dissapoint.gif?ssl=1

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Only a 3rd place for Robatscher, awful, just awful I tell you!

I'm very impressed by our materials.. I haven't idea what they do, they seems just amazing today. Ok, it's right, Sigulda is a good track for our team (like Igls :p) but a podium in women's event... it's a joke?