website statistics

Luge FIL World Cup 2017 - 2018

hckošice

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Dom :thumbup:

For me he is the favorite in Pyeongchang.

I'd agree, although I wouldn't put Repilov far behind, or even Kindl. Loch should of course be able to fight for the gold as well (obviously), but he's been making so many mistakes this season.. 

Oh well, as long as nobody dominates, I'm happy :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 hours ago, hckosice said:

yay a top 10 in individual event :thumbup:

Scratch that, how about a top-5? :d 

pwNlkNY.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Also Penz/Fischler won the doubles sprint, first non-German doubles win since November 2015. All in all, this was a fun weekend of luge :d 

Too bad Eitberger crashed yesterday and Eggert/Benecken did so today, since it's never much fun when a sled (especially a medal contender) crashes, but alright. 

Edited by heywoodu

8 hours ago, dcro said:

Dom :thumbup:

For me he is the favorite in Pyeongchang.

great job, today, by D-Fisch, but this track (together with Igls) is his track...

he's not consistent enough to be considered the favourite for the Olympic title, especially because it's a 4-run race, where consistency and experience are key factors a lot more than in "normal" events (including also the World Champs in this category)...that's why I think Loch is still the man to beat in Korea (and Russians are more dangerous than Austrians and Americans)...

moreover, any Italian hope is absolutely connected with weather conditions...(relatively) high temperature and high humidity percentage in 3 weeks time would kill any chance to even make the top-10 for our guys...

If anyone is not consistent this season it's Loch.. 

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

If anyone is not consistent this season it's Loch.. 

but you can't buy experience (and especially the Olympic experience) at the supermarket...I'm pretty sure he'd be at his best when it really matters (even the lights of the Zoeggelers, Hackls, Procks often weren't that dominant in the Olympic seasons, when they eventually got their medals in the most important race of the 4-year span)...

4 minutes ago, phelps said:

but you can't buy experience (and especially the Olympic experience) at the supermarket...I'm pretty sure he'd be at his best when it really matters (even the lights of the Zoeggelers, Hackls, Procks often weren't that dominant in the Olympic seasons, when they eventually got their medals in the most important race of the 4-year span)...

I agree, which is exactly why I definitely have him high on my list of favourites. Honestly I wouldn't be able to name one specific favourite, which is a good thing, because I think there are at least five guys with a realistic shot at gold (Loch, D Fischnaller, Repilov, Pavlichenko and Kindl), apart of course from the always possible surprises.