website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2017

George_D

2 minuty temu, heywoodu napisał:

Anyone looking particularly forward to tomorrow? The only thing I can really get excited about when looking at the schedule is the women's long jump final and Alina Talay's heat in the 100m hurdles :p 

Hammer throw final :d

Richard Douma has been added to the 1500m semi's, his protest was accepted :yikes:

Apparently they protested a move by Musagala, which the IAAF accepted. Odd, I was certain it was his own fault. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, rybak said:

Hammer throw final :d

Hopefully not with a mighty Fajdek or else that's gonna be a boring affair as well :p (I mean, the man can win, no problem, but please don't let it be over after 1 throw :d )

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor 4 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

Anyone looking particularly forward to tomorrow? The only thing I can really get excited about when looking at the schedule is the women's long jump final and Alina Talay's heat in the 100m hurdles :p 

Why not womens 3000 m SC? Should be legendary. Womens 800 m and mens 1500 m semifinals should also be interesting, those are by far my favorite track events, because there are at least some tactics involved. The three-way battle in womens 200 m should also be interesting.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 minuty temu, heywoodu napisał:

Hopefully not with a mighty Fajdek or else that's gonna be a boring affair as well :p (I mean, the man can win, no problem, but please don't let it be over after 1 throw :d )

Actually Nowicki have more chances for gold than Fajdek :d I think that hidden Russians can challenge us, I hope that both Fajdek and Nowicki will leave London with medals :pope:

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well, I'm excited for 800m semi-finals. Also, Perkovic starting her campaign in the morning session.

3 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Why not womens 3000 m SC? Should be legendary. Womens 800 m and mens 1500 m semifinals should also be interesting, those are by far my favorite track events, because there are at least some tactics involved. The three-way battle in womens 200 m should also be interesting.

Because I don't care much about these Kenyans in the women's steeple. Nothing against them, I just don't really care (also nothing against Kenya btw, I like Yego, I like Asbel Kiprop, just these specific steeple athletes, great as they are, don't get me excited).

Sure semifinals are interesting, but not the 'omg I can not miss this' kind of interesting. Neither is the women's 200m this time, no Thompson, no Bowie, Ta Lou who had to go full pull to get to 22.50, Miller-Uibo who might be feeling that 400 a little too much, Schippers who almost walked her way through the semi's. I expect Schippers to win by a relatively big margin, but I definitely hope I'm wrong and it'll be as close as the men's final. Don't really care who wins, as long as it's a close final I'm happy.