website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

congrats :thumbup:

The mood of the team was pretty grim before starting these championships, but a medal, two additional finals, a possible medal from Skujytė in Heptathlon and our female marathon team might make these championships pretty memorable.

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

I have already reserved my vacation (15 working days) from Monday 1st August to Sunday 21st August :d  My boss wasn´t very happy with that, but well, what can he do ? :lol: I conserved the whole year my vacation days, I went to work each day sometimes pissed and angry, sometimes annoyed and lazy, but I knew that it will pay off and I´ll be very happy in August :d so just less than 1 month to survive and let start the best possible holidays with my TV and PC :d

Luckily this year I am a student, and my last class' assignment is due on August 4! Great timing if you ask me :p

3 minuty temu, hckosice napisał:

well 6th and 8th is definitely not bad at all :d

Yes, places are even good but not results :wacko: They all should throw at least over 82m as they did it in this season many times, in addition so far only one guy from Poland can prepared for Rio, others aren't qualified or not fill all rules of our federation :(

First day of Canadian Trials :CAN

Men's 5000

Mohammed Ahmed 

Luc Bruchet 

Cam Levins 

Women's 5000m

Andrea Seccafien

Jessica O'Connell

Italics = Possible addition to team by selectors (not a top 2 finish at trials, but have the standard). 

14 minutes ago, intoronto said:

First day of Canadian Trials :CAN

Men's 5000

Mohammed Ahmed 

Luc Bruchet 

Cam Levins 

Women's 5000m

Andrea Seccafien

Jessica O'Connell

Italics = Possible addition to team by selectors (not a top 2 finish at trials, but have the standard). 

Is it top 2 guaranteed as long as they hit the standard? Does Rachel Cliff have a shot as well given she reached the Olympic Standard? Or has Canada agreed to only send 2 people per event?