website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

Nothing too special in the second day, Eva Misiūnaitė was close to qualifying to EC in 200m. with 23.79 and Domantas Poška threw the discus 62.47 (Born in 1996, so still fairly young). Zinaida Sendriūtė first time this year managed to reach 60m. in discus.

No new standards on the 3rd day of our NCH but sensational-wtf-results keep goin'.

Another national record (U18) in high jump.

:yikes: 17 years old heptathlete (!) Alina Shuh cleared 1.92 in high jump from the 1st attempt and refused from jumping 1.95.

NBNXHv4.jpg

48ARV0B.jpg

17 years old. Heptathlete. 1.92. With a little margin. She could have achieved the Olympic standard in high jump... and get that 3rd place in our Olympic high jump team :lol: 18 yo Levchenko set her new PB of 1.95 in the evening & next morning even younger girl cleared 1.92.

ps. Wondering if she's going to Amsterdam btw.

ps2. On a side note, happy that 3 paralympic athletes competed in the same events with everyone.

They didn't show fantastic results comparing to our elite athletes but this was incredible (for our athletics) on its own.

Edited by Xander

21 minutes ago, bestmen said:

The 20th Africa senior championships will take place from 22 to 26 June 2016 in Durban (South Africa) :RSA

Timetable

many african teams/athletes do the fasting
so this calendar  is totally crap

Why should the calendar be affected because of that? Usually Continental championships happen in June and provide a last chance for athletes to qualify for Rio...

Just now, intoronto said:

Why should the calendar be affected because of that? Usually Continental championships happen in June and provide a last chance for athletes to qualify for Rio...

besides RSA didn't give the VISA to many of our atheltes , shame

and the best continental athletes will not  participate , this champs is a joke

14 minutes ago, bestmen said:

besides RSA didn't give the VISA to many of our atheltes , shame

and the best continental athletes will not  participate , this champs is a joke

It does have a chance for a WL, depending on whether or not Semenya wants it. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

An off the field news:

The former Aviva parisian meeting will move from the Stade de France  to the much smaller Charléty Stadium (20 K, possibly to expand to 24K) from 2017 onwards. With the loss of their name-sponsor and Bolt on his way out, the french federation is looking for a much, much reduced bill (800 K€ at the moment). Besides the meeting was far from a full house the later years.

Spoiler

Afficher l'image d'origine

paris-stade-charlety-15574.jpg

Veteran athletics fans might remember the stadium from the Meeting de Paris which was held in that stadium up to the late 90's. The french federation is also looking to hold the 2020 euro championship in that stadium.

Edited by De_Gambassi

28 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

An off the field news:

The former Aviva parisian meeting will move from the Stade de France  to the much smaller Charléty Stadium (20 K, possibly to expand to 24K) from 2017 onwards. With the loss of their name-sponsor and Bolt on his way out, the french federation is looking for a much, much reduced bill (800 K€ at the moment). Besides the meeting was far from a full house the later years.

Reveal hidden contents

Afficher l'image d'origine

paris-stade-charlety-15574.jpg

Veteran athletics fans might remember the stadium from the Meeting de Paris which was held in that stadium up to the late 90's. The french federation is also looking to hold the 2020 euro championship in that stadium.

That might not be a bad idea I think right? I mean, I very much prefer a relatively full "small" stadium than a huge stadium that's filled for 10%.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

il y a 6 minutes, heywoodu a déclaré:

That might not be a bad idea I think right? I mean, I very much prefer a relatively full "small" stadium than a huge stadium that's filled for 10%.. 

Yes, as far as I'm concerned.it will be better that way. The atmosphere should be much friendlier and the stadium should easely be filled up (they were still 40K spectators last year).

The stadium is also in Paris proper, unlike the Stade de France.

Edited by De_Gambassi