website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2017

dareza

3 minutes ago, dareza said:

Fans expect to much from Oleksiak right now. She is not machine, she is just a child. Maybe she will finish championship without individual medal, but it is important that she is still here and she is not bad at all.

She just started senior carrer. She is future of this sport.

Exactly, her time in the butterfly final was faster here than in Rio... so its not like she is regressing. 

Fratelli d'Italia, l'Italia s'è desta!

wow! the Italian Anthem's first line fits perfectly to what happened today...

for the first time ever, Italy win 2 Gold medal in the same day in the pool in a world and/or Olympic championship...

unbelievable...absolutely unexpected...

Federica just got the right prize for her amazing career (14 years at the top - she won the silver medal in her beloved 200m freestyle already at Athens 2004...I don't think there are other swimmers with such longevity at this level)...

hoping that she makes up her mind and somehow finds the way to give it a shot also in Tokyo...

and Detti was also phenomenal over the men's 800m free...it looked like a 2-man race between Paltrinieri and the surprising (suspect? sorry, my friends...but when someone improves that much all of a sudden I can't hide my doubts...) guy from Poland, when he started his final charge in the last 150 meters and doubled up his rivals in the last 50...

after missing Kazan 2015 because of an annoying injury, he also gets his "sweet revenge"...

and now I'm really curious to see what's gonna happen over the 1500m free...with Greg not his best shape, I think the race for gold could be more open than expected...

p.s. on today's session in general...sad to be said, but Ledecky's defeat and, above all, Sun Yang's flop are almost as sweet as the Italian medals...

11 minutes ago, phelps said:

for the first time ever, Italy win 2 Gold medal in the same day in the pool in a world and/or Olympic championship...

Federica just got the right prize for her amazing career (14 years at the top - she won the silver medal in her beloved 200m freestyle already at Athens 2004...I don't think there are other swimmers with such longevity at this level)...

hoping that she makes up her mind and somehow finds the way to give it a shot also in Tokyo...

and Detti was also phenomenal over the men's 800m free...it looked like a 2-man race between Paltrinieri and the surprising (suspect? sorry, my friends...but when someone improves that much all of a sudden I can't hide my doubts...) guy from Poland, when he started his final charge in the last 150 meters and doubled up his rivals in the last 50...

after missing Kazan 2015 because of an annoying injury, he also gets his "sweet revenge"...

and now I'm really curious to see what's gonna happen over the 1500m free...with Greg not his best shape, I think the race for gold could be more open than expected...

p.s. on today's session in general...sad to be said, but Ledecky's defeat and, above all, Sun Yang's flop are almost as sweet as the Italian medals...

Cseh László won his first medal (silver) in Barcelona in 2003.

Just now, lapaj said:

well, congrats to him...

he's a real champion...unfortunately he's been unlucky, since he had to face throughout his entire career 2 "monsters" like Phelps and Lochte, otherwise he would have won tons of Gold medals at the World Champs and Olympic Games...

however, he also had a fantastic career in any case...and I hope he can win at least 1 Gold in this home soil World Championship...

vor 28 Minuten schrieb phelps:

Detti at 1500 m:

2014: 14:52.53

2016: 14:40.86

Improvement by 11.62 seconds, 0.778 seconds per 100 m, from age 20 to age 22

Wojdak at 800 m:

2015: 7:45.90

2017: 7:41.73

Improvement by 4.17 seconds, 0.521 seconds per 100 m, from age 19 to age 21

Who is more suspicious, the guy improving by 0.521 seconds per 100 m from age 19 to age 21 or the guy improving by 0.778 seconds per 100 m, from age 20 to age 22?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

12 minutes ago, phelps said:

well, congrats to him...

he's a real champion...unfortunately he's been unlucky, since he had to face throughout his entire career 2 "monsters" like Phelps and Lochte, otherwise he would have won tons of Gold medals at the World Champs and Olympic Games...

however, he also had a fantastic career in any case...and I hope he can win at least 1 Gold in this home soil World Championship...

Nice words! Cseh will compete in 100m where he was silver medalist on the previous WC (behind his friend, Le Clos). So an other medal is expected to him. I think after this WC he will finish his competitive career.

Today Pellegrini's win was the biggest, and the sweetest surprise to me. And if she try to compete in Tokyo she will beat Cseh Laci's 15 years success!

vor 19 Minuten schrieb lapaj:

What about Michael Phelps ... gold at 2001 world championships and 2016 olympics ... no one ever heard of him?

Or what about Anthony Ervin? Gold at 2000 olympics and 2016 olympics.

There is an american swimmer who won gold at the 1984 olympics and also won multiple medals at the 2008 olympics, i wont give his/her name.

I have the feeling that our italian fan is too emotional and is losing his perspective.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

26 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

What about Michael Phelps ... gold at 2001 world championships and 2016 olympics ... no one ever heard of him?

Or what about Anthony Ervin? Gold at 2000 olympics and 2016 olympics.

There is an american swimmer who won gold at the 1984 olympics and also won multiple medals at the 2008 olympics, i wont give his/her name.

I have the feeling that our italian fan is too emotional and is losing his perspective.

Next year Pellegrini will compete for 16 years just like Phelps did.

The careers of Anthony Ervin and Dara Torres were not continuous so he (phelps) is not too far from the truth. But you are right in 2017. 

Edited by lapaj