website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

Sadly, we are slow as fuck today.

Can't believe Vytautas 0+1 and he is not even going to get a single point, 50 seconds behind of athletes that he was even with less than 5 days ago.

And then when he's fast, you're almost sure he'll miss 2 or 3

Tomas Kaukėnas and Linas Banys is an absolute disaster. if you're not quick, try to aim at least :facepalm: 50% hitrate is not to be tolerated. 

9 minutes ago, JonPhi said:

Start List Women Relay

https://ibu.blob.core.windows.net/docs/2021/BT/SWRL/CP03/SWRL/C51B2_v1.pdf

Interesting changes in Sweden, French and German Team

I don't know if I'd classify them as interesting changes, moreso I'd say logical changes.

Persson was never that behind in skill from Brorsson, so it is cool that she got the chance and we can only assume that Swedish coaching staff valued Skottheim's starting leg so they didn't replace her even if Brorsson ran a better sprint today.

For France, Julia Simon was very strong last season and after today's sprint it seems that she is yet again capable to put in a strong performance. It's just that the French team is such a wildcard everytime, you never know what's going to happen with the shooting.

Lastly for Germany, this is probably the saddest year for German women biathlon. The fact that Schneider hasn't landed in a top 80 this season, Hinz is absolutely irrelevant so far too, yet they're not replaced by German B team, because there's really no strong, suitable replacements, it's not that surprising that Hettich gets put in the relay after a good sprint. The depth of athletes is really screwed for Germany right now and I have no idea what happened. Early retirements on the women's field hit Germany so hard.