website statistics

Wrestling Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

7 minutes ago, MHSN said:

UWW website is down now, but when it works you can read this link

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/article/vinod-kumar-receives-four-year-ban-olympic-spot-to-new-zealand

the Australian wrestler Vinod Kumar failed the test, giving the spot to Craig Miller of New Zealand, I wonder if NZL accepts this, this guy Miller is winning the quota without winning a single match ! :d

Ah that's such a shame...I really liked the story of Kumar being pushed out of a riding train by the father of an opponent when he was a boy, only for Kumar to be an Olympian and the other being far away from that years later :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, MHSN said:

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/article/vinod-kumar-receives-four-year-ban-olympic-spot-to-new-zealand

the Australian wrestler Vinod Kumar failed the test, giving the spot to Craig Miller of New Zealand, I wonder if NZL accepts this, this guy Miller is winning the quota without winning a single match ! :d

:d

I guess Namibia (2nd bronze medalist) should be next in line if NZ declines.

#banbestmen

13 minutes ago, MHSN said:

By the way, giving it to Miller makes absolutely no sense and royally screws Namibia over doesn't it? :(

8940cbc1a4.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

By the way, giving it to Miller makes absolutely no sense and royally screws Namibia over doesn't it? :(

8940cbc1a4.png

Well, seems likely to me that NZ will decline. They declined a female fencer who actually scored some wins.

#banbestmen

That's incredibly unfair for Namibia :( 

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

That's incredibly unfair for Namibia :( 

Quite unfair , but this is their stupid rule, if they disqualify someone  whoever wins bronze from his side of the draw will be upgraded to silver

but the whole bracketing system is stupid ! the number of wrestlers in each half should be equal. with 6 wrestlers, we should have 3 in top half, 3 in bottom half.

20 minutes ago, MHSN said:

the UWW link is working now and they wrote this:

The Wrestling Federation of New Zealand, whose wrestler finished with bronze at the same tournament, has accepted the Olympic allocation.

I just think of it now, but who has the final authority to accept the quota? The NZL wrestling federation or their NOC?