website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2016

33 minutes ago, bestmen said:

i was fighting to add another TISC/ new rules during the year but no one joined me

they said oooh we have 2 contests there is no place for the 3rd

As OlympicIRL and some others have stated before, the TISC competitions originated for the sole purpose of covering the periods before the winter and summer season of sports. Mainly, they're here to attract the forum users during the time when there's not that many sports headlines and the news are slow. If I'm not wrong, the contests are not being held during the winter and summer so that they wouldn't draw away the focus from sports, as it is a sports forum after all, so I'm not certain if Sindo would approve the idea for a third contest.

Also, even if we were to have a TISC where all the songs had to be in their native language, you would still probably find a way to complain that Great Britain, United States, Australia have an unfair advantage against the other nations :)

2 hours ago, konig said:

In a future we must have a Song Contest with ONLY natives language, its horrible listening a polish singing in english instead of Polish, for make and example, i dont have nothing in particular with the polish music :yes

Everyone is fully capable of learning English and if you have a good ear and also a good understanding of the language, you can make the accent much less noticeable. I'm sure there are plenty of Polish artists that don't face the same problem as some previous TISC representatives had :p

1 hour ago, konig said:

i agree in part with you but i want ONE with that rule :p, for example: i never listen a lithuanian song in their own language, the most sad example was a song from Moroco wich name was........ MUSIC!!.

You never listen to a Lithuanian song in their own language and with good reason, we don't have that much to offer :d Music somewhere before 2006 in our country was very awful and it would be a shame to share some of the songs with you guys (Of course, there are some exceptions). And on the topic of Morocco, I don't know what they're doing, but they've never been lower than 14th in my rankings, I guess my taste aligns with the Moroccan user.

3 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Everyone is fully capable of learning English and if you have a good ear and also a good understanding of the language, you can make the accent much less noticeable. I'm sure there are plenty of Polish artists that don't face the same problem as some previous TISC representatives had :p

i say that because i prefer to listening a polish singer/band singing in their own language, for that reason i said "is horrible", not for the accent or something about that.

i really dont know your language in a song :p

13 minutes ago, dcro said:

Speaking about possible debuting nation, I've noticed some user from :HKG recently, but I don't know how likely that debut would be. :p

That would be lovely. I've been trying to get debuting nations in TISC for years. Written to users from Iran, Philippines, Japan, but with no success. I've even tried to hunt people from Austria, Belgium, Iceland on social media, but often they thought that I was either A) Crazy B) Weird C) They weren't interested in a sports forum. Also, it's quite disappointing that we lost some reocurring nations like Switzerland, Sweden, Australia, Germany.

8 minutes ago, konig said:

i say that because i prefer to listening a polish singer/band singing in their own language, for that reason i said "is horrible", not for the accent or something about that.

i really dont know your language in a song :p

well, we entered a Lithuanian language song in TISC twice. The first Totallympics Open and the 2nd edition of the Totallympics annual.