website statistics

Swimming Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

vor 23 Stunden schrieb Pavlo:

thx thx thx!! :) - times to beat for Świtkowski in theory

Yeah ...

I doubt that Shields will make the final, but Phelps was obviously untapered and will be much faster in Rio. For me there is no way that the medals wont go to Phelps, Le Clos and Cseh, maybe Kenderesi, Zhuhao or some japanese guy can surprise everyone.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 16 Stunden schrieb Maxim Fastovsky:

USA have such a deep pool of talent in Swimming and Athletics (well or basketball LOL) that unless your name is Michael Phelps , Katie Ledecky or Ashton Eaton your place in the olympics is never guaranteed, all it takes is one bad performance in the trials, or bad year like Franklin or Lochte and you are out. BTW Joe Kovacs is the world champion in shot put, also the Diamond League Leader but he didn't have a good performance in the trials

You cant say that about all Events. USA is pretty bad in mens/womens discus throw/hammer throw/javelin throw/race Walking, womens heptathlon, womens triple jump, mens high jump (except for Kynard) and mens pole vault (except for Kendricks). They are also pretty bad in womens 100 free, womens 200 breast and womens 200 fly.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Final predictions:

Men:

50 free: At least one medal, but probably no gold

100 free: Silver or bronze

200 free: No medal

400 free: No medal

1500 free: No medal

100 breast: Probably bronze

200 breast: At least one medal, maybe even gold

100 fly: One medal, maybe even gold

200 fly: One medal, maybe even gold

200 IM: Gold + silver or bronze

400 IM: Probably silver

100 back: At least one medal, probably gold

200 back: Silver or bronze

4x100 free: Maybe silver or bronze

4x200 free: Probably gold

Medley relay: Probably gold

Women:

50 free: No medal

100 free: No medal

200 free: Probably gold

400 free: Gold and silver

800 free: Gold

100 breast: Silver or bronze

200 breast: No medal

100 fly: Silver or bronze

200 fly: No medal

200 IM: Maybe bronze

400 IM: Silver or bronze

100 back: No medal

200 back: Silver or bronze

4x100 free: Maybe bronze

4x200 free: Probably gold

Medley relay: Silver or bronze

I see 11 Gold medals at best and 28 medals in total at best. I think Ledecky will be the only individual Gold medal winner on the womens side, on the mens side Adrian, Phelps, Murphy and Prenot all could win a Gold medal.

17 godzin temu, OlympicsFan napisał:

Yeah ...

I doubt that Shields will make the final, but Phelps was obviously untapered and will be much faster in Rio. For me there is no way that the medals wont go to Phelps, Le Clos and Cseh, maybe Kenderesi, Zhuhao or some japanese guy can surprise everyone.

sure that our best chance is Kawęcki. Czerniak and Świtkowski? Outside chance. Shape of Świtkowski is a mystery probably also for him ;)

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

Doing some number crunching. If we assume all non-announced teams add two relay-only athletes per relay and all eligible nations take a wild card then we won't have any athletes qualified through the B (OST) standard. In fact we would be just over the limit.

Of course that won't happen, but it looks like unless you just missed the A standard you are not going to the Olympics.

7 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Doing some number crunching. If we assume all non-announced teams add two relay-only athletes per relay and all eligible nations take a wild card then we won't have any athletes qualified through the B (OST) standard. In fact we would be just over the limit.

Of course that won't happen, but it looks like unless you just missed the A standard you are not going to the Olympics.

Well, that would be strange. In 2012, some 8 swimmers were invited per event. And this time it seems like some bigger nations will have less athletes due to hard standards (like France or South Africa who for example won't be sending any female swimmer to the pool).

#banbestmen

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

Well, that would be strange. In 2012, some 8 swimmers were invited per event. And this time it seems like some bigger nations will have less athletes due to hard standards (like France or South Africa who for example won't be sending any female swimmer to the pool).

While some nations had tougher standards I think in the end only a handful missed out at most. For example in 2016 in Canada the swimmer must break break the A standard during the trials yet we only went from 31 to 30 athletes. France actually went from 28 in 2012 to 30.

My prediction is that we'll see around 5 per event.

earlier today Sarah Sjostrom swam the best time of the year over the women's 200m Freestyle at the Swedish Nationals: 1:54.34...:hatoff:

in the same race Michelle Coleman clocked 1:56.12, slightly slower than 10 days ago in Rome...

Nations are beginning to announce B standard qualified athletes. Luxembourg's Julie Meynen has qualified in the women's 50m and 100m free. It doesn't help us much since she was first and second respectively on the eligible athlete list.

Link (in French)