website statistics

Swimming Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Franklin seems to be in horrible shape and barely made the final on the 100 back..

Franklin interestingly had much faster time in the heats (along with Coughlin).

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

6 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Will Lochte fail in the 200 free too :mumble: Very impressive results for Plummer and Murphy, Aaron Peirsol is keeping an eye on them. :d

I wonder with what kind of mindset Mitch Larkin was watching the finals :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I wonder with what kind of mindset Mitch Larkin was watching the finals :p 

632.gif

:d Joke aside, we have to wait to see if they can repeat those performances, because we have seen many americans that exceed at the trials and then do worse on the big championship.

Just now, Federer91 said:

632.gif

:d Joke aside, we have to wait to see if they can repeat those performances, because we have seen many americans that exceed at the trials and then do worse on the big championship.

That GIF:roflmao:

And yeah, you're right, but we've also seen many Americans who were very good at trials but even better at the Olympics themselves :p 

Same goes for the Aussie's by the way, it's not like they are always so perfect when it comes to having their top shape at the right moment...same goes for the Japanese :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

to be honest, I was expecting better results from day 2 of the US Olympic Trials...

those bunch of 1.47 (with just 1 guy swimming twice "high" 1.46) in the heats and the semis of the men's 200m Free give a totally different look at the men's 4*200m Free Relay...

it could become one of the most exciting races ever, with many teams all very close to each other (especially if they don't get rid of their stiff rules and use also Lochte - who's going to miss the top 4 here, I guess - and Phelps, despite not qualifying in the pool at this meet)...

and I also expected Ledecky to destroy her WR over the women's 400m Free...now I'm very, very curious to see her over the 200m Free...

not bad, but worse than yesterday in the semis, Kevin Cordes over the men's 100m Breast...I think the lights of Peaty and Van Der Burgh are still too far away for him to be a real Gold medal contender in Rio...

finally, I agree on the men's 100m Back being the highlights of yesterday's session...

3 minutes ago, phelps said:

to be honest, I was expecting better results from day 2 of the US Olympic Trials...

those bunch of 1.47 (with just 1 guy swimming twice "high" 1.46) in the heats and the semis of the men's 200m Free give a totally different look at the men's 4*200m Free Relay...

it could become one of the most exciting races ever, with many teams all very close to each other (especially if they don't get rid of their stiff rules and use also Lochte - who's going to miss the top 4 here, I guess - and Phelps, despite not qualifying in the pool at this meet)...

and I also expected Ledecky to destroy her WR over the women's 400m Free...now I'm very, very curious to see her over the 200m Free...

not bad, but worse than yesterday in the semis, Kevin Cordes over the men's 100m Breast...I think the lights of Peaty and Van Der Burgh are still too far away for him to be a real Gold medal contender in Rio...

finally, I agree on the men's 100m Back being the highlights of yesterday's session...

Well to be fair about Ledecky, she has basically no reason to go absolutely 100% here, because the chances of her not making the team with a 95% swim on 400m and 800m are very, very small. I think she'll go quite a bit faster in Rio and I definitely see her break the WR there.

About the relay: Bowman (both Phelps' and the national team's coach) has said that if Phelps is in good shape in his usual events, he'll probably be included in the relay team anyway, so it wasn't completely necessary for him to swim the 200 free at the trials (especially since he wasn't really planning on doing it individually in Rio anyway). 

Dutch swimmers will have their last chances to qualify next weekend, after that I'm expecting the team to be announced within days. 

OK, I was just dreaming...

the men's 200m Free final was on a totally different level than the earlier rounds...3 guys at 1.45 and Lochte at 1.46 just mean that their 4*200m Free Relay is still untouchable...

Ledecky still on her "normal" times over the girls' 200m Free, but it's better wait for today's final before saying/writing anything...

finally, I'm very, very sad about Franklin's poor shape...:cry:...I hope she can still save a spot in one or two different races, it would be a big loss for the entire swimming sport not to see her in any of the individual events at the Olympic Games...

19 minutes ago, phelps said:

OK, I was just dreaming...

the men's 200m Free final was on a totally different level than the earlier rounds...3 guys at 1.45 and Lochte at 1.46 just mean that their 4*200m Free Relay is still untouchable...

Ledecky still on her "normal" times over the girls' 200m Free, but it's better wait for today's final before saying/writing anything...

finally, I'm very, very sad about Franklin's poor shape...:cry:...I hope she can still save a spot in one or two different races, it would be a big loss for the entire swimming sport not to see her in any of the individual events at the Olympic Games...

Just as untouchable as one year ago at the World Championships? :p