website statistics

Swimming Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

23 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Nations are beginning to announce B standard qualified athletes. Luxembourg's Julie Meynen has qualified in the women's 50m and 100m free. It doesn't help us much since she was first and second respectively on the eligible athlete list.

Link (in French)

Croatian Olympic Committee confirmed today that Mario Todorović got invited in men's 50m free. I think he was third on the list, behind Suriname and Hong Kong.

#banbestmen

13 hours ago, dcro said:

Croatian Olympic Committee confirmed today that Mario Todorović got invited in men's 50m free. I think he was third on the list, behind Suriname and Hong Kong.

Mario Todorović is probably in fourth behind Suriname, South Korea, and Hong Kong.

Looks like Cook Islands got a special approval to let Wesley Robert compete without competing at the 2015 World Aquatics Championship (His B standard definitely wouldn't be enough for him to qualify normally).

Link

Edited by JoshMartini007

37 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Looks like Cook Islands got a special approval to let Wesley Robert compete without competing at the 2015 World Aquatics Championship (His B standard definitely wouldn't be enough for him to qualify normally).

Link

It happened with Qatar and Malawi in 2012, so I guess FINA is keeping an open mind.

#banbestmen