website statistics

Swimming Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

2 minutes ago, Janakis said:

We have one more athlete, Kristel Vourna  :GRE qualified in 100m butterfly.

I thought Anna Ntountounaki qualified with an A-cut. From what I read and checked on the rankings, Kristel Vourna reached the B-cut and ruled ineligible.

1 minute ago, MantaRaymarc said:

I thought Anna Ntountounaki qualified with an A-cut. From what I read and checked on the rankings, Kristel Vourna reached the B-cut and ruled ineligible.

yes, but this time she got wild card yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Janakis said:

yes, but this time she got wild card yesterday.

That's impossible. So what will happen to Anna Ntountounaki? Is it possible for an NOC to have swimmers with OQT and OST in the same individual event, simultaneously? 

Edited by MantaRaymarc

6 minutes ago, MantaRaymarc said:

That's impossible. So what will happen to Anna Ntountounaki? Is it possible for an NOC to have swimmers with OQT and OST in the same individual event, simultaneously? 

no, it is possible, and this is official. both athletes going in rio. :)

Edited by Janakis

16 minutes ago, MantaRaymarc said:

Huh? I don't think FINA should do that to these swimmers, but we'll see if they can accept this rule.

She got 58.92, the best time in B norme, and because that she got wild card from FINA.

Looking at the qualification document you can’t have 1 A standard and 1 B standard swimmer so only one athlete will compete in the women’s 100m butterfly. The only way for both swimmers to participate is if Vourna participates in the 100m fly and Ntountounaki participates in the 200m fly (assuming she receives an invite).