website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

George_D

3 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Amazing gold medal for the Netherlands! Congratulations!

Saraiva in 5th is somewhat disappointing, but I think it's okay for her first Olympics.

If you didn't watch the final it's not all bad because the majority of it was falls and near-falls, dealing with 2 inquiries, and unacceptable waits from the amazingly slow beam judges (like they have been all week)

vor 23 Minuten schrieb Dennis:

She won silver at the 2015 World Championships in Glasgow, so she's not a nobody on balance beam, but yeah, this is still surprising.

Yeah ... Schäfer won bronze last year and no one thought that she could win a medal here. In general almost no competition went as expected, Whitlock also won a gold out of nowhere. Its great to see that even older women like her can win medals in artistic gymnastics and its a great way to end her career. :yes

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Wow :yikes::woot:

Honestly I don't know how Hernandez got silver instead of gold, in my opinion her routine was more 'exciting', but then again, I'm no expert :d :cheer:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 horas atrás, juddy96 disse:

If you didn't watch the final it's not all bad because the majority of it was falls and near-falls, dealing with 2 inquiries, and unacceptable waits from the amazingly slow beam judges (like they have been all week)

I didn't watch it. I was too nervous. From 2013 on, every major beam final has been very disappointing, and it seems like this one follows this recent tradition, unfortunately.

Most of these girls are too young. Saraiva and Hernandez are only 16, Biles and Onyshko are pretty young too... I hope they improve in the near future.

I can't say I'm not happy with 2 silver medals and 1 bronze medal, though. This is more than I could ever ask.

And there's even one more chance for Brazil tomorrow. I can't wait!

Edited by thiago_simoes

Zonderland has fallen down in his last training and looks like he might have hurt his already injured fingers even more.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!