website statistics

Final Medal Predictions

49 minutes ago, George_D said:

6 golds in rowing is exaggeration 

Not really. Women's LWD, Men's Pair, Men's 8, Women's 8, Men's 4, Women's 4 and Men's Quadruple all got strong claims for gold. 

1 minute ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Not really. Women's LWD, Men's Pair, Men's 8, Women's 8, Men's 4, Women's 4 and Men's Quadruple all got strong claims for gold. 

Athletics, Cycling, Rowing and Sailing are traditionally the most successful for :GBR in Summer Olympics

4 hours ago, George_D said:

6 golds in rowing is exaggeration 

Which one of the 6 classes do you think GB don’t win?

the women’s 3 boats in question have looked so strong this year so I’m not sure there is weakness there.

On the men’s side the pair have asserted dominance over their Swiss rivals recently, and the 8 have been the standout crew all cycle. I do think the 4 is vulnerable potentially to the US but should still be considered favs.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, RussB said:

the women’s 3 boats in question have looked so strong this year so I’m not sure there is weakness there.

On the men’s side the pair have asserted dominance over their Swiss rivals recently, and the 8 have been the standout crew all cycle. I do think the 4 is vulnerable potentially to the US but should still be considered favs.

Agreed but I don't think we'll win the Men's 4 tbh, The 4 got dominated by both the US and NZL in the last World cup they did. Right now I see a very strong possibility of 5 Golds and 7 medals total which is a very nice improvement from Tokyo - Just checked and if we do manage to win 5 Golds then it'll be our most successful ever games on the Rowing regatta in terms of Golds.

Edited by Surreal

3 hours ago, RussB said:

I dont trust the womens 8 out of all of them, didnt they get rowed through by a romanian 8 that had allready competed earlier in the day?

i have faith in the mens 4 though To turn it around though 🙂

39 minutes ago, Olympicsnell said:

I dont trust the womens 8 out of all of them, didnt they get rowed through by a romanian 8 that had allready competed earlier in the day?

i have faith in the mens 4 though To turn it around though 🙂

The women's 8 are not one of the 3 gold medal favs:

Womens lightweight double

Women's 4

Women's quadruple sculls

The 8 should medal but I agree that Romania look very strong and are currently odds on (8/11) to win gold.

1 minute ago, RussB said:

The women's 8 are not one of the 3 gold medal favs:

Womens lightweight double

Women's 4

Women's quadruple sculls

The 8 should medal but I agree that Romania look very strong and are currently odds on (8/11) to win gold.

I Replied to wrong person, cinammon above said womens 8 

Very much hoping for a hockey medal, but this will more likely come from the Men, just gotta hope they've practiced their shootouts! 

3 hours ago, G-ann said:

Very much hoping for a hockey medal, but this will more likely come from the Men, just gotta hope they've practiced their shootouts! 

Decline in performance of the Women's team has been one of the bigger disappointments of this Olympic cycle. Gold in Rio, bronze in Tokyo (and I'd have backed them to reach the Final if they'd been on the other half of the knockout draw), but absolutely nowhere this time round. Maybe an exaggeration to say they'll be lucky to get out of the group, but it also wouldn't be a huge surprise if they didn't (I don't see them beating Australia or Argentina, Spain is 50:50, and they lost to the US as recently as June). Either way, a medal feels a long way off.

Just now, cjsavory said:

Decline in performance of the Women's team has been one of the bigger disappointments of this Olympic cycle. Gold in Rio, bronze in Tokyo (and I'd have backed them to reach the Final if they'd been on the other half of the knockout draw), but absolutely nowhere this time round. Maybe an exaggeration to say they'll be lucky to get out of the group, but it also wouldn't be a huge surprise if they didn't (I don't see them beating Australia or Argentina, Spain is 50:50, and they lost to the US as recently as June). Either way, a medal feels a long way off.

They've won medals in the last three Games, the only team to Stop the Netherlands in close to two decades. They've done their share; a certain changing of the guard/rebuild is usual.