website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2024 Website, Apps and Results System Road to Paris 2024

Posted (edited)

Summer Olympic Games 2024 Website, Apps and Results System

Edited by Sindo

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, hckošice said:

Please tell me this will not be the live score/official result system. Please am I right ? please

I am new to the Totalympics site but not to the Olympics. I thought the exact same thing when the official site was updated today. This new system is so clunky and inefficient. The old one worked fine. I wonder if the press MyInfo system has been updated to this new layout as well. 

Edited by IUBryan

3 hours ago, IUBryan said:

I am new to the Totalympics site but not to the Olympics. I thought the exact same thing when the official site was updated today. This new system is so clunky and inefficient. The old one worked fine. I wonder if the press MyInfo system has been updated to this new layout as well. 

Welcome! :hatoff:

Hopefully we’ll be seeing you in the discussion threads during the Olympics and beyond ;)

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

https://olympics.com/en/paris-2024/schedule/24-july

olympics.com schedule site is updated, with all the additional info like event entries, brackets etc.

Oh crap, I knew I should have hurried a little more with entering everything into my own calendar, now they messed the site up and it's gonna be so much more work in scrolling alone:facepalm:

Old one (I still have a tab open):

Spoiler

stZOx68.png

Same screen space on the new one:

Spoiler

5BreUUq.png

Do these things never have anyone that says "you know what, let's try to add information, but without making everyone scroll twice as much!"? :lol: 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, hckošice said:

Please tell me this will not be the live score/official result system. Please am I right ? please

myInfo system is already available to the media and it's the usual system of the last Olympics, I guess/hope it will soon available to the public on olympics.com website :p

Edited by Sindo

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Oh crap, I knew I should have hurried a little more with entering everything into my own calendar, now they messed the site up and it's gonna be so much more work in scrolling alone:facepalm:

Old one (I still have a tab open):

Hide contents

stZOx68.png

Same screen space on the new one:

Hide contents

5BreUUq.png

Do these things never have anyone that says "you know what, let's try to add information, but without making everyone scroll twice as much!"? :lol: 

The only thing I find to make it at least a bit usefull is to change the letters to 67% :lol:

tiny-text.gif

It is painfull for sure, but the only way possible to have more information on the screen than 1 or 2 columns because of that enormously big and completely unnecessary useless and incredibly annoying Paris 2024 tab you can not get rid of from the fucking middle of the screen !!!

image.png