website statistics

Athletes from other Countries that you will root against at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

No, it won't. Also, not sure semi death wishes are acceptable here (despite that having been accepted on the forum before).

I do agree with him being allowed to participate by the way, but definitely won't be cheering for him. And just to be clear: that very obviously does not equal accepting what he did as remotely OK.

What death threat? I have racked my brain trying to see what you are talking about, and can only conclude you have never heard of the idiom "#1 with a bullet" which is nothng, nothing to do with guns. Please retract that ridiculous and offensive accusation now, please.

she was 12. 12.

edit:

I see you have been enlightened by the dragon. Fair enough so.

Edited by mpjmcevoy

2 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

The British gymnastics team and not because I dislike any of them on an individual level. But can’t stand the BBC commentary when it comes to covering it. And yes I can and do watch on other channels but still the thought of Matt Baker and co drooling over their own while actively cheering against the competition makes me want any result that will keep them in their box :p 

And not at all connected to a certain pommel worker in green whose main rival's a brit.....;)

I’ll give it a go, but I’d rather talk about the athletes I would be supporting instead.

:CHN The entite swimming team.

:USA - Lilly King + Ryan Murphy - Sending out accusations of other athletes doping is not OK in my book.

Any of the shouty badminton players

:USA - Sha Carri Richardson

:NOR - Jakob Ingebritzen

Any Naturalised Athletes

:USA - Simone Biles

Anyone whose fans do the really annoying shrill whistle

Despite Dutch cringe in beach volleyball, obvious picks and russians/belarussian, I really don't have someone to root against.

It's happening because Lithuania did not qualify in women's 3x3 and awful person Kamile Nacickate is missing the OG. 

3 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

The British gymnastics team and not because I dislike any of them on an individual level. But can’t stand the BBC commentary when it comes to covering it. And yes I can and do watch on other channels but still the thought of Matt Baker and co drooling over their own while actively cheering against the competition makes me want any result that will keep them in their box :p 

I agree.

If there’s some biassed, arrogant & racist commentators, most of them are from the US/Gb broadcasts.

1 hour ago, mpjmcevoy said:

What death threat? I have racked my brain trying to see what you are talking about, and can only conclude you have never heard of the idiom "#1 with a bullet" which is nothng, nothing to do with guns. Please retract that ridiculous and offensive accusation now, please.

she was 12. 12.

edit:

I see you have been enlightened by the dragon. Fair enough so.

4 hours ago, hckošice said:

oh and how I could forget about her majesty Jessica "my parents runs the sport andwill change any rule which does not suit to me and you must look happy while celebrating me because I am the greatest of this sport" Fox

People have a hate against Jess Fox? 
😳

I guess I’m still new here