website statistics

Athletes from other Countries that you will root against at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

I try not to root against people. It doesn't seem very Olympian.

I try not to. But I regularly fail!

So.

1 with a bullet - :NED Dutch peado rapist ghoul. Seriously, Netherlands, what the **** are you smoking?? I mean outright dopers, cheats, loathe them, but you manage to find the one guy I'd actually cheer on the roided up junkie against! I'd cheer one of the bloody Russians against!

This will stain the Netherlands authorities for years to come.

Ok, onto the normals...

"Some people like giants, some people like giantkillers" (Simon Barnes quote) As a rule, I go into the latter classification.

I hope somebody screws up the 'perfect' goals of the :CHN Chinese diving and table tennis teams. I'm not wildly bothered which.

I want the Chinese swim team decimated. you simply cannot be allowed to get away with what has obviously been going on (state-protected doping regime)

Conversely I would love the Chinese to beat :USA America in the Women's team gymnastics.

Individuals:

:GER Zverev (thug)

:NOR J Ingabrigtsen (not real dislike, it's just he's funny when he loses)

:USA Sydney McLaughlin (I simply can't stomach the love in for a Kersee athlete), Hoppel

:KEN most of their team apart from faith. Sorry, guys, I like Kenya but your system's broken.

:ALG Sedjati - I don't trust him an inch

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, mpjmcevoy said:

1 with a bullet - :NED Dutch peado rapist ghoul. Seriously, Netherlands, what the **** are you smoking?? I mean outright dopers, cheats, loathe them, but you manage to find the one guy I'd actually cheer on the roided up junkie against! I'd cheer one of the bloody Russians against!

This will stain the Netherlands authorities for years to come.

No, it won't. Also, not sure semi death wishes are acceptable here (despite that having been accepted on the forum before).

I do agree with him being allowed to participate by the way, but definitely won't be cheering for him. And just to be clear: that very obviously does not equal accepting what he did as remotely OK.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

oh and how I could forget about her majesty Jessica "my parents runs the sport andwill change any rule which does not suit to me and you must look happy while celebrating me because I am the greatest of this sport" Fox

1 minute ago, hckošice said:

oh and how I could forget about her majesty Jessica "my parents runs the sport andwill change any rule which does not suit to me and you must look happy while celebrating me because I am the greatest of this sport" Fox

This sounds like something I'm going to Google :d

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

No, it won't. Also, not sure semi death wishes are acceptable here (despite that having been accepted on the forum before).

I do agree with him being allowed to participate by the way, but definitely won't be cheering for him.

https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/number+one+with+a+bullet

1 minute ago, Dragon said:

Ah, didn't know that one, you really can learn something every day it seems :p

Posted (edited)

The British gymnastics team and not because I dislike any of them on an individual level. But can’t stand the BBC commentary when it comes to covering it. And yes I can and do watch on other channels but still the thought of Matt Baker and co drooling over their own while actively cheering against the competition makes me want any result that will keep them in their box :p 

Edited by OlympicIRL

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Also nothing against their shooters, as far as I remember they're usually Bahrain-born and raised instead of bought athletes :d 

Well, an exception to them then :d