website statistics

Athletics EAA European Championships 2024

Totallympics

Posted (edited)

Am I missing something on the website, or is that usual page with timetables and start lists + results (in one page) still not there yet?

https://www.european-athletics.com/competitions/european-athletics-championships/overview

Edit: right, while waiting for the usual page, in the meantime at least there is this for the schedule:

https://www.roma2024.eu/en/day-by-day-schedule/

That page doesn't look like it will have the usual clickable links to start lists and results, but who knows.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

16 hours ago, dodge said:

Don’t know if everyone has seen the entry lists have been updated 

Yes. One federation failed to inform EAA about athletes who won't participate that resulted in 12 relocations

1 hour ago, Bearas said:

Yes. One federation failed to inform EAA about athletes who won't participate that resulted in 12 relocations

After a very thorough analysis of the situation, considering the number of athletes impacted by the above and the consequences such mistakes can have on the athletes’ careers and their future in our sport, European Athletics has decided to allow for the penalised Member Federations to enter the subsequent qualified athletes to the 12 free places.

So if only one or two athletes ended up missing out despite the spots being available...tough luck, it was only fixed because it was more than one or two...

Odd, but alright, it's something at least :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

21 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Am I missing something on the website, or is that usual page with timetables and start lists + results (in one page) still not there yet?

https://www.european-athletics.com/competitions/european-athletics-championships/overview

Edit: right, while waiting for the usual page, in the meantime at least there is this for the schedule:

https://www.roma2024.eu/en/day-by-day-schedule/

That page doesn't look like it will have the usual clickable links to start lists and results, but who knows.

Here is the link to the usual schedule, result and information page.

https://live.european-athletics.com/ECH2024/lrs/home

One thing I noticed, which might be new, is the ability to hide finished events and ceremonies. I assume this feature makes it easier to not get results spoiled, which is a nice change.  (I write "might be new" because it might have been a feature already which I just haven't seen due to lack of time checking results closely on European Athletics' site :p).

2 hours ago, Wumo said:

Here is the link to the usual schedule, result and information page.

https://live.european-athletics.com/ECH2024/lrs/home

One thing I noticed, which might be new, is the ability to hide finished events and ceremonies. I assume this feature makes it easier to not get results spoiled, which is a nice change.  (I write "might be new" because it might have been a feature already which I just haven't seen due to lack of time checking results closely on European Athletics' site :p).

Thanks! That'd be a nice feature, although it would be simple to not even need that feature if they simply don't put the top-3 on that page as I believe the Olympic results system often does :facepalm: (where one needs to have the page open and definitely shouldn't refresh it accidentally if not wanting to be spoiled yet)

:POL will send the biggest ever delegation to European Championships, which includes 96 athletes. I'm hoping that some, of not qualified yet to Paris athletes, will do it here. :fingers:

On 6/5/2024 at 6:49 AM, Bearas said:

That federation was :FRA

I can only guess they are focused on the SOG so much they don't give a hoot about some ECh entry lists. I'm happy to see EAA has found some common sense even only after a public outcry.

23 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

That federation was :FRA

I can only guess they are focused on the SOG so much they don't give a hoot about some ECh entry lists. I'm happy to see EAA has found some common sense even only after a public outcry.

It’s actually not the only country which fucked up. Another example is Germany. 
For example they didn’t withdraw their two 400m female runners. They appear as qualified in road to Rome list but don’t appear in the final list entry list. 
therefore only 34 starters. Bad luck for Drljacic (CRO) as 37th in the list. There were few other disciplines with similar situation. 

I think it’s a bit unfair they adjusted in Combined events but not in other events. I guess no one cares about small federations as Croatia.