website statistics

Swimming at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

4 hours ago, Sub13 said:

How can USA women have 18 in the top 8 when there have only been 8 individual events and relay, meaning 17 would be the maximum possible?

Women‘s 100 free: 2

Women‘s 200 free: 1

Women‘s 400 free: 2

Women‘s 1500 free: 1

Women‘s 100 breast: 1

Women‘s 200 breast: 2

Women‘s 100 fly: 2

Women‘s 200 fly: 2

Women‘s 100 back: 2

Women‘s 400 IM: 2

Women‘s 4 x 100 free relay: 1

Overall: 18

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

13 hours ago, copravolley said:

I was disappointed today by Ceccon in the 200. I was counting on him to fight for a medal and with no American in the final, he should have done so. It looks like he didn't prepare for this distance at all.

Obviously the problem isn’t his performance, but your expectations. He has never done anything to give the impression that he could medal. I wouldn’t have been shocked to see him medal, but anyone who expected him to medal is obviously delusional.

The bigger question is why he didn’t focus on the 100 free instead. He has a lot of options concerning the 2028 Olympics. He could add the 100 free/100 fly/200 IM to his program or stick with the 200 back. Italy has promising talents in men’s 200 free, so if Ceccon could get to sub 1:46, their relay might be a medal contender in 2028. Right now it looks as if his best option would be to stick with the 100/200 back and also try to qualify for the two free relays. 5 medals (3 relays, 100 back, 200 back) seem possible, which would probably make him the most decorated Italian Olympian ever?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Obviously the problem isn’t his performance, but your expectations. He has never done anything to give the impression that he could medal. I wouldn’t have been shocked to see him medal, but anyone who expected him to medal is obviously delusional.

The bigger question is why he didn’t focus on the 100 free instead. He has a lot of options concerning the 2028 Olympics. He could add the 100 free/100 fly/200 IM to his program or stick with the 200 back. Italy has promising talents in men’s 200 free, so if Ceccon could get to sub 1:46, their relay might be a medal contender in 2028. Right now it looks as if his best option would be to stick with the 100/200 back and also try to qualify for the two free relays. 5 medals (3 relays, 100 back, 200 back) seem possible, which would probably make him the most decorated Italian Olympian ever?

In my opinion he should have focused on the 100 and 200 backstroke and that was 2 years ago. The 200 backstroke is at a relatively low level compared to the 100 freestyle. If he trained only for the backstroke from 2022 he could have easily won 2 individual medals there.

:MEX Castaño qualifies to semis on his own, first Mexican to do so in 20 years.

That’s enough merit for me and another slap in the face to our government, that has supported the crook running the so called federation.