website statistics

Men's Football Tournament at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

17 minutes ago, hoversaBR said:

If it were in Brazil or any other latin american country...But of course in the first world, organizations are perfect, right?

What a way to start the Olympics.

France have never shined well in strict organization, remember the Champions League final a few years back, when fans we entering uncontrolled and the match was delayed for how long. Or any Tour de France fan incidents. Same thing that happened in the US 10 days ago. We have seen problems in England, Germany too, so it has happened almost everywhere and it's not a novelty.

To the chagrin of some, countries where i don't ever remember such problems are Russia (when they were still hosting stuff) and China. Australia have always done a good job organizing stuff, but they have the advantage of being way too far to travel and are spared from, let's say Moroccan style of fans. 

18 minutes ago, AsensioWillemsen said:

Remember Wembley Euro final? This is going on everywhere where Football is played.

I agree, but we're not talking about Brazil x Argentina at Maracana, it's an under-23 game at the Olympics, it doesn't justify things getting out of control like that.

9 minutes ago, hoversaBR said:

I agree, but we're not talking about Brazil x Argentina at Maracana, it's an under-23 game at the Olympics, it doesn't justify things getting out of control like that.

I mean, for Moroccan fans (of which there are many in France), it's probably a bigger game than it would be for some teams in that position.

31 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

France have never shined well in strict organization, remember the Champions League final a few years back, when fans we entering uncontrolled and the match was delayed for how long. Or any Tour de France fan incidents. Same thing that happened in the US 10 days ago. We have seen problems in England, Germany too, so it has happened almost everywhere and it's not a novelty.

To the chagrin of some, countries where i don't ever remember such problems are Russia (when they were still hosting stuff) and China. Australia have always done a good job organizing stuff, but they have the advantage of being way too far to travel and are spared from, let's say Moroccan style of fans. 

The tour is almost impossible to police, given that it is essentially on open roads.

People tend to be well behaved when they visit China and Russia because they worry that they won't be heard from again if they don't. :p They aren't worried about that when in England, where the worst that will happen is someone will look at them disapprovingly.

Just now, Olympicsnell said:

I dont get why this is a thing again, the world dumped it after wc2022 why have fifa asked them to this nonsense again

Simply because referee saw something nobody else did. He could have added 20 minutes as well. 

Just now, Olympicsnell said:

I dont get why this is a thing again, the world dumped it after wc2022 why have fifa asked them to this nonsense again

Why is it nonsense? I'm tired of teams grassrolling and faking a hundred injuries. Can't wait until we get stop clock.

It should be noted that the only reason you haven't seen it since is that not many tournaments are actually under FIFA's jurisdiction (just World Cup, Women's World Cup, underage equivalents, Club World Cup, and this)

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold