website statistics

Women's Field Hockey Tournament at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

That was close :p

We deserved to lose tbh, lots of amateur stuff. We'll need some more heroics from the GK to have a shot in the semis.

2 minutes ago, NMQ said:

That was close :p

We deserved to lose tbh, lots of amateur stuff. We'll need some more heroics from the GK to have a shot in the semis.

I disagree. It was much better than the Australia game for example in which they conceded 300 silly corners and had gruyere cheese defense. Circle penetrations was 25 to 13 today. We just lacked better PC execution.

Still far from their top capabilities but more focused than before.

Edited by LDOG

14 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

The :GBR team is at the end of an era - both in terms of players and set up. I don’t we think will qualify for LA sadly 

Technically you’re not wrong. Stalwart coach Danny Kerry has stepped down from initially taking up the role of performance director for England Hockey (obvs not GB but has major impact on how we go internationally). 

However I’d challenge your negativity and see this as a fresh start for the squads. There’s time to build on what we have which isn’t terrible and look to bring in more talent. 

I mean I’m sure you were surprised as I was about some of the selection choices particularly on the women’s side so onwards and upwards!! 

:NED lost the video ref halfway in Q1 :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!