website statistics

Road Cycling at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Understandably so. Tough choice though....I think personally I'd have gone for Cosnefroy over either Laporte or Madouas.

I'm guessing (just guessing) that Cosnefroy would have been an Alaphilippe bis. There, the four riders would each have a different role.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

Tadej Pogacar will skip Paris Olympics

source: Slovenian News Agency STA

Shit news. He is obviously set on recovery followed by a crack at the Triple Crown, but still, would a dig at a first ever Golden Triple Crown not have been worth it?

Will be interesting to see what form Remco brings in, as well as Matthieu vdP and Wout vA. no Tadej = changes of plans.

Didn't think Pogacar was the petty type, but he surprises in many ways.

This has nothing to do with being tired and everything to do with the Slovenian federation not taking his girlfriend to the Olympics. This is his final FU to them after previously harshly criticising their decision. 

25 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Didn't think Pogacar was the petty type, but he surprises in many ways.

This has nothing to do with being tired and everything to do with the Slovenian federation not taking his girlfriend to the Olympics. This is his final FU to them after previously harshly criticising their decision. 

Hmmm...NOCs are notoriously good at holding a grudge. Pog may find, if this is true, that he doesn't necessarily get another chance.