website statistics

Badminton at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

4 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

:CHN China have come much more prepared this time in badminton. After winning only 2 events in the past two Olympics, now they could get 3, even 4. Only the men's singles is out of their reach for me.

I think Shi Yu Qi has more chance to win the gold then Chen Yu Fei. Or do you see Victor winning his second gold?

7 minutes ago, Somebodyyouknow said:

I think Shi Yu Qi has more chance to win the gold then Chen Yu Fei. Or do you see Victor winning his second gold?

Yes, i have Axelsen going over Shi Yuqi if they meet in the final. Even Antonsen could give him a run for his money in the 1/2. I think the Danes are a bit awkward opponents for him. 

Women's singles is of course far from certain, but if i had to choose which one China could win, i would pick the women.

Mixed Doubles
Final Results

:CHN China

Zheng Si Wei

Huang Ya Qiong

:KOR South Korea

Kim Won-Ho

Jeong Na-Eun

:JPN Japan

Yuta Watanabe

Arisa Higashino

Gold Medal Match

:CHN Zheng/Huang  21:8, 21:11  Kim W-H/Jeong N-E  :KOR

Bronze Medal Match

:JPN Watanabe/Higashino  21:13, 22:20 Seo S-J/Chae Y-J :KOR

Full Brackets HERE
Preliminary Round Results Here

29 minutes ago, Roamingrover86 said:

Lakshay Sen :IND Qualifies for SF in men’s singles :hyper: He becomes the first male player from India to make the Badminton SF in Olympics:clap:

Another first for us in this Olympics. :thumbup:

And our streak of having atleast one SF in each BWF World Championship/Olympics continues. Last time we didn’t have one was in 2010 Paris World Championships. 

2 hours ago, Somebodyyouknow said:

Well, Shi just got demolished by Vitidsarn, so there won't even be a showcase with the Danes :d 

2 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Yes, i have Axelsen going over Shi Yuqi if they meet in the final. Even Antonsen could give him a run for his money in the 1/2. I think the Danes are a bit awkward opponents for him. 

Women's singles is of course far from certain, but if i had to choose which one China could win, i would pick the women.

Antonsen could also have a tough time today with Lee Zii Jia

6 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Well, Shi just got demolished by Vitidsarn, so there won't even be a showcase with the Danes :d 

Did not expect that. 
Maybe we will not get a Chinese gold medallist in the women's also. An Se Yeong just seems better to me than Chen. Maybe Carolina too (hopefully not).