website statistics

Badminton at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

16 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Basically there is an error in Sudirman Cup (mixed team championships) points, one of the earliest tournament where players can play for Paris ranking points. Corvee/Labar thought they are ahead of fellow French the Popov brothers (their ranks are close but not high enough so only 1 can go), but it was not until the last week of the qualifying period that BWF realized their mistake in Sudirman Cup points (about 10 months after it's done) and quickly adjusted the points which made the Popov lead by 29 points. To make it worse, there are no tournaments left and suddenly Corvee/Labar cannot go to the Olympics.

The French federation nominated the Popovs per the regulations, while Corvee/Labar appealed to CAS. CAS ruled in favor of them and BWF is asked to give an exemption to Corvee/Labar as the 17th pair to play in men's doubles

I have a question. In any case France could qualify just one pair because both of them were outside of Top 8. Fine, BWF made a mistake in calculation and we aren't clear which pair shall qualify. Why can't BWF ask French federation to nominate 1 pair, how can both pairs qualify

Women's Doubles Group A is Group of Death

:CHN:MAS:INA:JPN

Women's Singles Group E

:THARatchanok Intanon

:TPETai Tzu Ying

:BEL Tan

Two former world champions in repeat of Tokyo 2020 QF clash 

Men's Single Group K

:INDLakshya Sen 

:INA Jonathan Christie

:GUA Kevin Cordon

:BEL Carragi

It's a repeat of All England semis this year 

2 hours ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

I have a question. In any case France could qualify just one pair because both of them were outside of Top 8. Fine, BWF made a mistake in calculation and we aren't clear which pair shall qualify. Why can't BWF ask French federation to nominate 1 pair, how can both pairs qualify

Because, no athletes should have to suffer from an error of their international federation ? I mean, it's quite easy to get why it was the only legitimate solution, you were unfair to either two athletes or unfair to none.

2 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Because, no athletes should have to suffer from an error of their international federation ? I mean, it's quite easy to get why it was the only legitimate solution, you were unfair to either two athletes or unfair to none.

You mean “error” :rolleyes: