website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

Very mediocre Decathlon competition considering it is in a full stadium in Olympics. I was expecting above 9000 pts . 
Leo the german need to work on his JT. Below 8800 pts for Gold :facepalm:You have go all the way back to 2008 Olympics to get Gold in Decathlon below 8800 Pts. 

A poor first day hit Kaul hard :( After Tokyo another disaster in Paris. 

Lack of quality in the field was another reason. Warner couldn’t finish , No Meyer No LePage . Very poor quality. I didn’t enjoy my favourite event of the athletics programme :(

4 minutes ago, Roamingrover86 said:

I was expecting above 9000 pts . 

That was a bit of an overexpectation, to be fair :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, Roamingrover86 said:

A poor first day hit Kaul hard :(

Honestly his second day was slightly worse (not by much though, overall he just didn't have a good decathlon at all, only the hurdles and javelin were somewhat ok, but nothing more than that).

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Honestly his second day was slightly worse.

He did SB in JT & 1500 . He normally has a very strong 2nd Day . Yes , he was below average in PV & DT but he was too far behind after 1st day. He always struggles in Shotput & it killed his chances. But Yes, Discus was another event he should have got a higher mark.

6 minutes ago, Roamingrover86 said:

Why Leo did nearly 9000 pts this season in Eugene ? Do you follow decathlon closely? 

Not just a matter of checking their points. He has had an incredibly full college season and we have so often seen college athletes just be kind of burned out after that, when it's time for the international events. Of course it's not like he was bad, otherwise he wouldn't get silver, but it really isn't weird that after two full heptathlons and two full decathlons on top level this year the third one isn't exactly on his peak performance anymore (don't get me wrong, definitely still had him as the biggest favourite, like most people I think).

Edited by heywoodu