website statistics

Sailing WS Semaine Olympique Française 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

13 minutes ago, Mecki83 said:

That would be completely incomprehensible.

It is correct that no German 49er made the internal criteria, but why should they participate in a last chance regatta with only relevance Olympic quota with three (!!!) boats and finish on places 1,4 and 5 and then decline the quota. :facepalm:

Where does this information come from? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6MK1jPtReE/ "However it is still unsure wether Germany will send any team to @paris2024 🥂 still a very big achievement from there guys, so congratulations!". Maybe this?

Edited by copravolley

10 minutes ago, Mecki83 said:

That would be completely incomprehensible.

It is correct that no German 49er made the internal criteria, but why should they participate in a last chance regatta with only relevance Olympic quota with three (!!!) boats and finish on places 1,4 and 5 and then decline the quota. :facepalm:

The same happened to Brazil, with their internal criteria. One journalist said that in order to have bigger storage room, the Brazilian sailing federation decided to forget their own rules and take all boats.

6 minutes ago, copravolley said:

Where does this information come from? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6MK1jPtReE/ "However it is still unsure wether Germany will send any team to @paris2024 🥂 still a very big achievement from there guys, so congratulations!". Maybe this?

I think the problem is the "Deutscher Olympischer Sportbund (DOSB)" how will only allow athletes to participate if they achieved the "standard for proving the performance perspective". In this case the 49er (and ILCA6) failed this standard. Now it seems that the German Sailors Association might nominate the 49er and ILCA6 and hope that the DOSB decides to forget their rules.

3 minutes ago, Mecki83 said:

I think the problem is the "Deutscher Olympischer Sportbund (DOSB)" how will only allow athletes to participate if they achieved the "standard for proving the performance perspective". In this case the 49er (and ILCA6) failed this standard. Now it seems that the German Sailors Association might nominate the 49er and ILCA6 and hope that the DOSB decides to forget their rules.

Does this apply to women and men in 49? For me, it would be total stupid to send a total of 5 teams (3 male) to the qualifications and not accept the quota. Personally, I don't wish this on them, because what's the point of doing sports and training if you can't go to the Olympics?

17 minutes ago, copravolley said:

Does this apply to women and men in 49? For me, it would be total stupid to send a total of 5 teams (3 male) to the qualifications and not accept the quota. Personally, I don't wish this on them, because what's the point of doing sports and training if you can't go to the Olympics?

I think not for women's 49erFX, but it is silly for sending three 49er team and win the regatta but may not accept the ticket though 

22 minutes ago, copravolley said:

It is only for 49. The women achieved the standard.

17 minutes ago, copravolley said:

Have you had such cases in the past?

I am not sure if this was the case in sailing but it definitely happened in other disciplines. 

It's a mistake. in 49ers, place for development nations is for Brazil. 
"the quota shall be realocated at development nations NOT ALREADY QUALIFICATED, like is Brazil. In other ways wold be written NOT THEREFORE QUALIFICATED. 
It's time to wake up for our olympic comitee.