website statistics

Shooting ISSF Rifle & Pistol Final World Olympic Qualifier 2024

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Olympicsnell said:

When is the final of this please :)

GBR with a 2 in 3 chance of a quota - and presumably, with that, a spot in the mixed team event with Macintosh?

Did NOT see that coming.

1 minute ago, mpjmcevoy said:

GBR with a 2 in 3 chance of a quota - and presumably, with that, a spot in the mixed team event with Macintosh?

Did NOT see that coming.

It's a 3 for the price of 1 - spot in the start lists for 50mx3, 10m Rifle, and mixed team event.  Now let's just hope he doesn't fall apart in the final. 

13 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

It's a 3 for the price of 1 - spot in the start lists for 50mx3, 10m Rifle, and mixed team event.  Now let's just hope he doesn't fall apart in the final. 

He's done pretty amazing to get this far.

Just now, mpjmcevoy said:

He's done pretty amazing to get this far.

Looking at the results, the British team have been pretty solid in Rio. Dean Bale missed out on the 10m Rifle final by 1 point, Sam Gowin was 2 points short of the rapid fire pistol final and James Miller was 2 points short of the 10m pistol final.  

Will be interesting to see if Gowin can put in a fight for a quota at next month's Europeans. 

34 minutes ago, Olympicsnell said:

i think its broadcast on youtube, will sneak that on and watch a sport i didnt think i'd be watching this week 

I thought we'd get a quota this week but this isn't the event and certainly isn't the athlete I thought would be challenging for it. 

5 hours ago, phelps said:

men's 25m Rapid Fire Pistol

the 6 finalists:

:CZE Matej Rampula
:FRA Clement Bessaguet (already qualified to the OG)
:CUB Leuris Pupo (already qualified to the OG)

:FRA JeanIf Quiquampoix and Rampula advance to the Olympics tomorrow, Massimo Spinella will be virtually qualified via the world ranking.
:CZE Martin Podhrasky (already qualified to the OG)
:USA Keith Sanderson

Yes, tomorrow we keep our fingers crossed for Fra and Cze. However, we still have 0 qualifications in women sector, which makes it impossible to show even 1 mixed doubles :( 

Edited by copravolley

1 hour ago, copravolley said:

Yes, tomorrow we keep our fingers crossed for Fra and Cze. However, we still have 0 qualifications in women sector, which makes it impossible to show even 1 mixed doubles :( 

Thanks, also hoping for Rampula do qualify. Anyways was thinking how about the US team as they have already selected Sanderson for the Olympic team despite Henry Leverett earned the quota. Let's see how the final goes. 

1 hour ago, copravolley said:

Thanks, also hoping for Rampula do qualify. Anyways was thinking how about the US team as they have already selected Sanderson for the Olympic team despite Henry Leverett earned the quota. Let's see how the final goes. 

2 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

I hope for Czech and France too, more chance for Polish from ranking. But furing EC Ukraine and Italy should grab quota too.