website statistics

Fencing CPE American Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

2 hours ago, NearPup said:

:CAN Nicholas Zhang wins the men's épée quota

:BRA Camargo was ahead 14-12 with seven seconds left, but gave up two quick points (which basically never happens in épée). Really miraculous comeback by Zhang.

Another canadian quota in incredible circunstances, i have a "Panamerican shooting tournament" deja vu.

Women's epee, pool round is completed.

Joining already advanced :CAN are :PER :CHI :ARG :VEN :COL :CUB :MEX :PAN :CRC :PAR

Chile with a good performance to grab the third seed. Looks like her Pan American Games performance was not a fluke. On the other side, Paraguay despite having a chance to win the quota, just barely made it to the elimination round.

16 hours ago, konig said:

Another canadian quota in incredible circunstances, i have a "Panamerican shooting tournament" deja vu.

I just rewatched the point and it was totally absurd.

Not speaking as a Brazilian, but as someone with a bit of knowledge on fencing.

Several mistakes here (Zhang's knee in front of the foot, very poorly executed flèche... and he not only falls during the touch, but his back feet also lands first, so he does not reverse correctly...) 

He could even get a 2nd yellow card for that which would give the point to Camargo.

I think it is impossible for Zhang to lose its quota, but hopefully FIE would acknowledge the referee mistake, the same way they did with Kharlan at WC last year and guarantee Camargo an extra quota.

14 hours ago, Triplecast said:

I just learned tonight of the big incidents from last year for the US men's epee team.

tbf it would probably not have made any difference... USA would still be behind Venezuela (by far)  and as Venezuela was not top4 they would not get the quota.

Womens Epee SF:

Ruien Xiao :CAN v :ARG Isabel di Tella

Montserrat Viveros :PAR v :PER Maria Luisa Doig Calderon

Mens Foil SF:

Diego Cervantes :MEX v :CHI Leopoldo Alarcon

Kruz Schembri :ISV v :PUR Cesar Colon Lopez