website statistics

British Swimming Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

1 minute ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Wow. That 100 butterfly is going to lead to some interesting discussions - both here and with the selectors. :d

Yeah this is not really ideal. The big outlier here is Gammon, as he finished ahead of both Peters and Guy who both had an abysmal back end. Otherwise we would've been able to have Litchfield and Peters as options for individual and relay without hurting the 30 as both were expected to go. 

Just now, Cinnamon Bun said:

Yeah this is not really ideal. The big outlier here is Gammon, as he finished ahead of both Peters and Guy who both had an abysmal back end. Otherwise we would've been able to have Litchfield and Peters as options for individual and relay without hurting the 30 as both were expected to go. 

Added complication is that I don't think Litchfield has the OQT so if he goes, we can't enter a second swimmer in the 100 fly.. 

1 minute ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Added complication is that I don't think Litchfield has the OQT so if he goes, we can't enter a second swimmer in the 100 fly.. 

He has the OCT but is off the OQT by 0.04. Something which could help Peters and potentially give him the edge over Gammon is the fact he achieved the BST in the heats, meaning they'll be able to enter him into the individual if he's taken as relay cover without having to undermine their selection policy too much. Harsh on Gammon, but in my opinion it's the better option. 

1 minute ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

He has the OCT but is off the OQT by 0.04. Something which could help Peters and potentially give him the edge over Gammon is the fact he achieved the BST in the heats, meaning they'll be able to enter him into the individual if he's taken as relay cover without having to undermine their selection policy too much. Harsh on Gammon, but in my opinion it's the better option. 

I don’t think they will do that. Would be too harsh. 

Litchfield will be the only fly swimmer Unkess guy gets 4th in the 200m. 

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

I'd agree it makes sense to take Peters - they need the relay cover. But in that scenario, would Peters be allowed to swim the individual ahead of the British Champion? For me, Litchfield has to be encouraged to go and get the OQT before the end of the qualifying window 

Just now, Rafa Maciel said:

I'd agree it makes sense to take Peters - they need the relay cover. But in that scenario, would Peters be allowed to swim the individual ahead of the British Champion? For me, Litchfield has to be encouraged to go and get the OQT before the end of the qualifying window 

That won’t happen if guy makes it. He will be the cover, 

Litchfield might be a relay only swimmer and scratch the individual.