website statistics

British Swimming Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

If we're still under the 30 athlete limit and if the selectors consider him an asset for the 4x200 then they might still consider him given how close he was but it's unlikely either will be the case. It's especially harsh on the distance swimmers to miss out on that much as that's effectively 2 or 3 quicker turns at the wall. 

I can’t see why they would need him in the relay. 

The fact both swimming and athletics could have selection stories prominent in the press is going to make a tense buildup.

Can see eventually a rule that says an NOC can only determine selection via a domestic championship when more than 2 reach a global set time - no extra rules for any country - you set the global time and your NOC must take you or lose places in other events. 

Edited by Orangehair43

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

:thumbup: First 2 quotas for Paris secured. Great result for Macinnes although Stephens hasn't looked great since her Doha win. 

28 spots left in the GB Aquatics carriage on the Eurostar  :p

Is Stephens secure? Only the winner is guaranteed and if they want less than 30 will runners up all go.

I find it a bit odd that Aquatics GB are tweeting about how close to qualifying people who are missing out are - when it’s their time they missing not an global time, 

Edited by Orangehair43

10 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

I hope the selectors do still take him into consideration, the time he did would still make him a contender for the final in Paris. Could even see a scenario where the selectors give him an ultimatum to replicate that time at the Euros if he wants to go to Paris. 

Just now, Cinnamon Bun said:

I hope the selectors do still take him into consideration, the time he did would still make him a contender for the final in Paris. Could even see a scenario where the selectors give him an ultimatum to replicate that time at the Euros if he wants to go to Paris. 

I would be shocked if they did that.

I think Stephens will be taken. World Champion and made the qualification time. Just got her pacing slightly wrong tonight