website statistics

Sprint Canoeing OCA Oceanian Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

I wanted more, that's funny, guys from Australia in C2 are over 7o years old. ICF will confirm this quickly, but this is obvious.

36 minutes ago, rybak said:

Just one entry in women's c2 500 should mean a reallocation for us, I'm hoping that our federation or ICF will confirm it quickly.

23 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

I think, but I may be wrong, :AUS already has the women’s C1 quota, and there are not enough boats to contest the women’s C2, so the quota gets reallocated to best non qualifier from 2023 championships, :POL 

I checked on wiki (I know, its not good source) and Australia have quotas only in kayak events and nothing in canoe.

5 hours ago, rybak said:

I checked on wiki (I know, its not good source) and Australia have quotas only in kayak events and nothing in canoe.

Yes, it's  our quota. We should have men's  too, but Australia would like to be a nice for other countries and use some old guys to make 3 NOC eligible.

Edited by Adriano

The surviving eligible nations for each quota are as follows after day 1:

Men's K1 1000m - :COK:SAM:SOL:TGA 

Men's K2 500m - :NZL 

Men's C1 1000m - :AUS:SAM 

Men's C2 500m - :NZL 

Women's K1 500m - :COK:GUM:NZL:PLW:SAM 

Women's K2 500m - :AUS:NZL:SAM 

Women's C1 200m - :AUS 

Women's C2 500m - Reallocated

13 minutes ago, intoronto said:

If they decline does it go to Samoa?

I think so, from previous Olympics, the three nation rule is only active at the beginning of the competition. Should less than three nations become eligible (either through qualifying in a bigger boat or declining the quota) the quota goes to the next highest ranked nation, provided some remain.