website statistics

Women's Basketball FIBA Olympic Qualification Tournaments 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

How they were playing was an embarrassment.  The argument of having rest is BS, this was the last game of the tournament.

A key player picking up an injury after you’ve already qualified is a legitimate concern though.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

What about men's football? I think you usually overperform there.

No amount of overperformance can make me forget the fact that we lost the 1954 final as one of the biggest favorites ever for the World title. We could have been one of very few nations to have the most prestigious national team sports title in the world but we "chocked" from a 2-0 lead. But yeah, we are overperforming with out current team. 

8 minutes ago, Josh said:

I think you’re confusing the Netherlands with their bordering country Belgium :p

Yeah, that's the one. I've lived in one and my mom was born in the other. I do know the difference, my memory is just not great as I age. 

Edited by orangeman

4 hours ago, NearPup said:

Funny thing for a German to say to a Hungarian

You mean because of 1954? More recently the hungarian team has usually been better than the sum of it parts and has often managed not to lose against teams that were much better on paper.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.