website statistics

Weightlifting at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

vlad

hace 1 minuto, OlympicsFan said:

Did you bet 10 points on it? Sadly i used only one point on it. I was sure that Kosovo, Malaysia and Fiji would win a medal. I wasnt sure about Diaz, Bermudas in womens triathlon, Bosnia in athletics, Mali in taekwondo, Malta/San Marino in shooting. If i would get the chance, then i would change my prediction immediately and use 10 points instead of just 1.

Are you aware that it is possible to bet numbers between 1 and 10, right? :d

Gerade eben schrieb LDOG:

Are you aware that it is possible to beat numbers between 1 and 10, right? :d

Yes ...

I used 10 points each on 31 questions and 1 point for all other questions. In my opinion there were 31 safer bets, so i didnt use 10 points on this question.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

Is Chinese Taipei really "independet" from China? I think they are strong for the same reasons as China and apparently they are also strong in the exact same sports.

Chinese Taipei = Taiwan. China has no diplomatic relation with Taiwan. They consider Taiwan to be part of China (One China policy). Taiwan on the other hand considers themselves to be real China. So, it is safe to say that Chinese Taipei is de facto independent from China. 

Ahora, OlympicsFan said:

Yes ...

I used 10 points each on 31 questions and 1 point for all other questions. In my opinion there were 31 safer bets, so i didnt use 10 points on this question.

Ah, so it's simply bold strategy. I was afraid you misread the rules or something :d

BTW why you include Malaysia in that group? they have already won medals and as recently as London 2012...

vor 2 Minuten schrieb LDOG:

Ah, so it's simply bold strategy. I was afraid you misread the rules or something :d

BTW why you include Malaysia in that group? they have already won medals and as recently as London 2012...

Makes sense ... i already wondered how Malaysia was able to never win a medal at the olympics ...

Sorry, i think we are talking about two different questions:

Question 5: San Marino, Malta, Bosnia, Mali, Fiji, Kosovo, Bermuda

Fiji should be safe to win a medal. I am also pretty confident about Mali.

Question 20: Burundi, Ivory Coast, Lebanon, Philippines

Burundi should be safe to win a medal. I wanted to give 10 points, but i wasnt sure whether Diaz would win the medal, although i think that i predicted her on 3rd place.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

hace 1 minuto, OlympicsFan said:

Makes sense ... i already wondered how Malaysia was able to never win a medal at the olympics ...

Sorry, i think we are talking about two different questions:

Question 5: San Marino, Malta, Bosnia, Mali, Fiji, Kosovo, Bermuda

Fiji should be safe to win a medal. I am also pretty confident about Mali.

Question 20: Burundi, Ivory Coast, Lebanon, Philippines

Burundi should be safe to win a medal. I wanted to give 10 points, but i wasnt sure whether Diaz would win the medal, although i think that i predicted her on 3rd place.

Bermuda has also won a medal, but 40 years ago, so they could count for number 20.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb LDOG:

Bermuda has also won a medal, but 40 years ago, so they could count for number 20.

Dont know why i had them on my list, they are not on the list of nations never winning an olympic medal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-time_Olympic_Games_medal_table

I think the answer for question 5 should be no, but the correct answer for question 20 should definitely turn out to be yes.

9 minutes ago, dcro said:

Om :bowdown:

What this guy says. 

:bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!