website statistics

Swimming at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

DaniSRB

5 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Its too funny to see all those american athletes coming out of nowhere to win gold medals, now even some grandpa won a medal in swimming, a couple of days ago a 50 year old won the gold in womens time trial ... 

If you dont have a problem with someone like Gatlin representing your country, then you probably dont bother about all those crazy improvements by your own athletes. 

I know that Canadian/Brazilian/American athletes have a huge advantage, because they dont have to adapt to a completely different time zone, but many performances are still impossible to believe.

She is only 43 ;)

7 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

29 medals 14 gold.  With still 2 medley relays to come.     Jelousy? :p

Nah. More boredom. It's really not that interesting when you know who will win half the events from the beginning.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Agger:

She is only 43 ;)

Yeah, i know and on the day of the race she was still 42, but she looks like 60 and performs like a 20 year old, so we shouldnt focus on the age that she has in her passport ...

Who knows? Maybe Bob Beamon will announce his comeback tomorrow and then will go on to win gold at the next olympics? I honestly wouldnt be surprised to see that happening, there doesnt even seem to be an age limit for american athletes nowadays ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Schooling was a surprising bronze medalist at last year's world championships and now he is the Olympic champion.

Crazy.

I remember being at the world champs in Barcelona in 2013 and cheering for him, because "cool, a decent swimmer from Singapore, let's cheer for him" :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

49 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

50m freestyle semi's are postponed. The reason? A bus driver drove in the wrong direction instead of to the swimming pool with several swimmers (including Blume, Halsall and some more) in the bus :facepalm:

The media hasn't been told, I guess, because the danish commentators are beginning to get angry! :p

1 minuto atrás, heywoodu disse:

I remember being at the world champs in Barcelona in 2013 and cheering for him, because "cool, a decent swimmer from Singapore, let's cheer for him" :d 

Nice! :d

There was an article published a couple of days before the 2015 Worlds by a journalist too afraid too cheer for Schooling because he was afraid he could jinx the guy, and he could hardly believe Schooling could get a medal at the World Championships at all (though he wanted it so, so bad). I can imagine how this journalist feels now. He must be thrilled!

vor 14 Minuten schrieb mrv86:

Why don't they start using milesimals of a second, instead of giving two or three medals of the same color? It's getting quite annoying.

On another topic, what a race by Schooling.

I absolutely agree, this is ridiculous. I still remember womens 200 breast podium last year. For me medals become less special if half of the athletes in the final get one. Its also completely random to only look at the hundreds of a second, why not also look at the thousands of a second or only at the tenths of a second? If there is a possibility to get a more precise measurement, then it should be used. Why doesnt athlete X, who is one thousandth of a second faster than athlete Y, deserve a "better" medal? In the end this athlete has been faster and showed a better performance ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.