website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

OlympicIRL

I've never seen Schippers that mad :p

"I don't want to come up with excuses but I had some physical problems in the past days." Oh come on Dafne :facepalm:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

If you look at the results of german athletes in Rio, then you have to believe that there is a god and that he/she is actually evil, a kid or mentally retarded:

R. Harting out in qualification, Schwanitz only 6th -> Gold for Reitz, Gold for C. Harting, our mens football team reaches the semifinal -> Vogel only 6th, Kerber loses the final, Holzdeppe out in qualification

I cant wait to see what will be next, but my guess is that one of the following things will happen tomorrow:

Gold for Seitz in womens uneven bars

A medal for Gierisch in womens triple jump

Gold for Link or Brodmeier in mens 50 m rifle 3 positions

Our womens table tennis team beats Japan

Heil/Plößel overtake Burling/Tuke in mens 49er

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

What a night of athletics.... now wait for an epic heptathlon duel !! :bounce:

Whatever happens, the slight disappointment about Schippers (though obviously the 200m is her main event) would be very much annihilated if Thiam takes the gold here :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Whatever happens, the slight disappointment about Schippers (though obviously the 200m is her main event) would be very much annihilated if Thiam takes the gold here :d 

I am hoping so, even though I really like Jess Ennis-Hill, I just would love to see a new rivalry develop in the next years to come and to really push the event forward again. Thiam can help with that by winning here :)

Edited by OlympicIRL

2 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

I am hoping so, even though I really like Jess Ennis-Hill, I just would love to see a new rivalry develop in the next years to come and to really push the event forward again. Thiam can help with that by winning here :)

And Thiam is in my list of athletics crushes with Angelica Bengtsson as well :d