website statistics

Warsaw 2044 Olympics

rafalgorka

Wouldn't it be a bit late to come back to this thread in 2044 if Warsaw gets the 2044 Olympics, and so presumably there's been years of preparations and qualifications before that? :evil: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

That will be a one big joke ofc.

But we can come back to this thread in +20 years now and see whether i was right sometimes heh

If Warsaw 2044 happens, my simulation is like that (this is a mix of my predictions which NOCs will be strong in particular sports in the future and my personal synpathies for some NOCs in certain sports - I must admit that I am a fan of athletes from some NOCs in some sports and a fan of athletes from totally different NOCs in some other sports)...

ARCHERY

1. M Recurve Ind :FRA :USA :KOR

2. M Recurve Team :KOR :ITA :JPN

3. W Recurve Ind :KOR :KOR :GBR

4. W Recurve Team :KOR :CHN :JPN

5. Mixed Recurve Team :KOR :FRA :USA

In 2044 KOR will still be no. 1 force in archery, but they will be vulnerable in ind events sometimes.

POL will not be a contender in this sport, even as a host.

Medal table (5 events):

:KOR 4-1-1---6

:FRA 1-1-0---2

:USA 0-1-1---2

:CHN 0-1-0---1

:ITA 0-1-0---1

:JPN 0-0-2---2

:GBR 0-0-1---1

On 10/28/2023 at 8:10 AM, rafalgorka said:

We will come back to this thread in 2044 and I will tell you: Ha! I told you first :-)

Hopefully not. Warsaw 2044 would most likely mean that the 4 olympics before that (2028 LA, 2032 Brisbane, 2036/2040 ?) didn't take place in Europe, which wouldn't be good from my perspective. Warsaw in 2036 or 2040 would be better. Interesting times ahead anyways, there are many countries that might host their first olympics in the near future: India, Indonesia, Turkey, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Thailand ...

Of all those Poland would be the best solution in my opinion. I think in the other countries people would be less excited about sports that aren't their national sports. Not sure how excited indian/turkish people would be about slalom canoeing or handball.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, dodge said:

Probably more excited than Americans or Australians to be fair

1) Absolutely don't think that you are correct in the case of slalom canoeing. Australia and USA are both competitive in (women's) slalom canoeing. You might be right about handball.

2) Do you want to deny that americans/australians are interested in more sports (since their nations are competitive in more sports than Turkey/India)?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

I see your point. But 2044 would be better for POL.

2036/2040 is too early. 2048 is too late, i will be 70 then and i would still want to participate :-))))

Warsaw 2044 would be awesome. 100th anniversary of Warsaw Uprising, this date would be pretty symbolic. This is War Saw, this city Saw War, you know... And now it's back.

2036 is too early because we won't have money yet. We have bigger priorities, a lot of more important issues to spend money on.

We had Athens 2004 and London 2012 so 2 Europen Olympics in 8 years time are not impossible.

In 2044 Central and European Europe should be more rich and more safe than 2036. I hope that by the year 44 RUS will sign some kind of peace treaty, it will be a little bit more democratic and new Mr. Putin ver 2.0 will be a little bit less violent.

We will see...

ARTISTIC SWIMMING

6. Duets :UKR :RUS :CHN

7. Teams :UKR :RUS :CHN

In 2044 RUS will participate (some kind peace treaty will be signed, it will be slightly more democratic, new Mr. Putin will be... see above). And they will still dope but not much more than some other NOCs so they will be in. UKR will win this sport though.

BASEBALL

8. Men :USA :CUB :JPN

CUB economy will be slightly better than now so they can show up with a strong team across their traditional sports.

SOFTBALL

9. Women :USA :JPN :AUS

First medal for Aussies in Warsaw.