website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

29 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but Slovenia needs either one more person to get an OQT or qualify another relay or else they are at risk of losing the  relay quota. This is because they have only qualified one woman and qualifying one relay only gives you 2 relay-only athletes so they won't have enough athletes to form a relay.

Same thing with Serbia on the men's side.

Thanks, I think it was something similar a few years ago (as I said not recall when), when we also would have women relay, but problems were also with individual quotas.

16 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

I think :GBR era of doing well in swimming will end soon. Because of the funding issues 4-5 medals or more is needed in Paris and I am not sure that is coming. Being in primetime will add the pressure as well (Same for Athletics)  - a shame for swimming that the finals in 2016 and 2021 were in the middle of the night UK time. 

Christ what have you been smoking today?!

9 minutes ago, Adriano said:

No it's  a rule that give exception for this kind of nation to send relay

That's a new rule.

It's up to World Aquatics to decide, but I'm glad the option is in place. In the past, nations were forced to decline a quota because their swim team was too small.

Just now, Orangehair43 said:

It’s just the feeling 2024 will be a poor Olympics for :GBR particularly in the sports airing their finals in primetime when everyone is watching. 

Thankfully your "feelings" tend to be horribly wrong, so I think we're OK on this one. Peaty and Wilby are the only ones who are doing poorly, everyone else is either doing just as or better than expected. 

9 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

That's a new rule.

It's up to World Aquatics to decide, but I'm glad the option is in place. In the past, nations were forced to decline a quota because their swim team was too small.

Great you find this. I am using mobile phone it was hard to copy this part to show you. I think it’s mostly for this smaller nation with 1 or 2 relays.