website statistics

Boxing IOC Asian & Oceanian Olympic Games Qualifier 2020

Totallympics

Just now, Vic Liu said:

I wonder how to decide the 5 or 6 quotas when there are 8 quarter-final players?

there will be box-offs

when they need 5, there will be SF and F between 4 QF losers

and when they need 6, only SF and both winners will qualify

I think I can't complain much about the draw, our 4 "better boxers" are facing winnable bouts. I think we are already out at 91kg and +91kg because after China they have to face Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan in QF and there is no repechage in these weights. even though they were both weak and only could qualify with a dream draw. 63kg also looks hard for our guy to survive.

but I can see chances for other 5, I hope at least 1 or 2 of them qualify. the draw looks very good for Shahbakhsh (57kg) but I just don't know how good he is himself ! :d Kazemzadeh and Rouzbahani are facing tough opponents but that's better than KAZ/UZB

Edited by MHSN

I can't understand the seeding rules. Some competitive Chinese women's players including Olympic medalist and Asian Games champion NOT seeded! And they will meet some other big names in quarter final and only one could be qualified.

27 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

I can't understand the seeding rules. Some competitive Chinese women's players including Olympic medalist and Asian Games champion NOT seeded! And they will meet some other big names in quarter final and only one could be qualified.

There is a ranking, points are given for last 2 World Championships and the last Continental Games- but for Asia they considered the Asian Championships, the Asian Games do not count because not all weight categories were present. First 4 boxers are seeded, the rest are drawn.

Currently with corona virus scare..... One if the few Asian events still on..... Brave of JOR to go ahead..... I feel with proper health checkups and quarantine sports teams can be allowed in..... Wonder what precautions JOR is taking 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Seeds by nations

6 - :AUS :KAZ :UZB 

5 - :IND 

4 - :TPE 

3 - :CHN :MGL 

2 - :JPN :JOR :KGZ :PHI :VIE :THA 

1 - :ASA :IRI :KOR :NZL :PNG :SAM :TJK 

Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan with 6 of 8 in the mens. Australia and taiwan with 4 of 5 in the womens

Edited by dodge