website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2020 - Cancelled Edition

Reading this thread feels like watching some sitcom episode in which a group of people protest and boycott an event choosing to not participate but then every few minutes one of them sneaks in to see how things are going and let everyone know that he's not participating. :p

1 hour ago, Dunadan said:

Reading this thread feels like watching some sitcom episode in which a group of people protest and boycott an event choosing to not participate but then every few minutes one of them sneaks in to see how things are going and let everyone know that he's not participating. :p

As someone who's a bit far from all this war, i'm actually enjoying the polemics, it's like having one of those shows after football matches where some experts comment on the matches of that week :lol:

Still wouldn't mind if those who do not participate would share songs, at least on the festival of music. My personal gain from this contests are actually the new unknown songs/artists i get to know from all around the world every year :d

This is not our intention, after all, with us still posting, we are proving, that we love this contest in which we participated from the very beginning (at least Werloc and me).

Maybe we could really post something in Festival of music, will have to consider.

4 hours ago, justony said:

This is not our intention, after all, with us still posting, we are proving, that we love this contest in which we participated from the very beginning (at least Werloc and me).

Maybe we could really post something in Festival of music, will have to consider.

Well, I wouldn't even be angry at all, if we would have had at least a prior vote before accepting his hosting candidacy, but everything was swept under the rug.

He got denied hosting rights before due to his behaviour and if you ask me, his behaviour did not change in the slightest. 

Such a thing would never slide if it was a candidacy from that controversial German user or the user from India that bought a ticket on the drama train after the previous contest, but bestmen was overlooked due to his skillset with media and animation.

He mocked not one, not two, but at least five or more contests during his participation period and had multiple instances of questionable behaviour regarding following the rules of this contest and even his own contest now. 

If there are more than 5 users that are skipping this contest that have been here with all of you since the very first one on the old forum, that means there was a huge problem that was not at all addressed. 

No Brazil, no Croatia, no Canada, no Great Britain, no Lithuania, no Slovenia. Some of the old users participating not that they want to, but to hold their participation record and that would have never happened with a different host or at least if things were handled differently. 

Edited by Werloc

9 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Well, I wouldn't even be angry at all, if we would have had at least a prior vote before accepting his hosting candidacy, but everything was swept under the rug.

He got denied hosting rights before due to his behaviour and if you ask me, his behaviour did not change in the slightest. 

Such a thing would never slide if it was a candidacy from that controversial German user or the user from India that bought a ticket on the drama train after the previous contest, but bestmen was overlooked due to his skillset with media and animation.

He mocked not one, not two, but at least five or more contests during his participation period and had multiple instances of questionable behaviour regarding following the rules of this contest and even his own contest now. 

If there are more than 5 users that are skipping this contest that have been here with all of you since the very first one on the old forum, that means there was a huge problem that was not at all addressed. 

No Brazil, no Croatia, no Great Britain, no Lithuania, no Slovenia. Some of the old users participating not that they want to, but to hold their participation record and that would have never happened with a different host or at least if things were handled differently. 

No Canada either.

27 minutes ago, Werloc said:

No Brazil, no Croatia, no Canada, no Great Britain, no Lithuania, no Slovenia. Some of the old users participating not that they want to, but to hold their participation record and that would have never happened with a different host or at least if things were handled differently. 

I do understand why some users have chosen not to participate this time.

As someone who is quite new when it comes to TISC, I'm curious to know how you have solved the issue of hosting rights beforehand? Did you have some sort of vote on a host's eligibility to host based on his/her previous behaviour in TISC? Has no other previous hosting applicant shown any bad behaviour? 

11 minutes ago, Wumo said:

I do understand why some users have chosen not to participate this time.

As someone who is quite new when it comes to TISC, I'm curious to know how you have solved the issue of hosting rights beforehand? Did you have some sort of vote on a host's eligibility to host based on his/her previous behaviour in TISC? Has no other previous hosting applicant shown any bad behaviour? 

Well, usually the winner hosted the contest and if the winner declined then we looked for replacement hosts. 

Before bestmen, we had Slovakia, Denmark, Serbia, Ireland, Lithuania, Mexico, Brazil, USA, Great Britain, Tunisia host (hopefully, I did not forget anyone ???)

With Germany, Italy and Sweden having declined their hosting rights in the past.

There were never really huge problems with hosting rights and hosts were selected through OlympicIRLs mini-games when the winner declined hosting rights.

The only controversial hosting moment started from the time that bestmen aggressively campaigned to host the contest, verbally trashing every other host before him and he did it since fucking 2016. 

Edit: if my memory serves me correctly, on one occasion we did vote? But then it was decided that it is not a fair system. Or perhaps that was proposed, but declined due to the forum wanting to avoid a popularity contest. 

Edited by Werloc

7 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Well, usually the winner hosted the contest and if the winner declined then we looked for replacement hosts. 

Before bestmen, we had Slovakia, Denmark, Serbia, Ireland, Lithuania, Mexico, Brazil, USA, Great Britain, Tunisia host (hopefully, I did not forget anyone ???)

With Germany, Italy and Sweden having declined their hosting rights in the past.

There were never really huge problems with hosting rights and hosts were selected through OlympicIRLs mini-games when the winner declined hosting rights.

The only controversial hosting moment started from the time that bestmen aggressively campaigned to host the contest, verbally trashing every other host before him and he did it since fucking 2016. 

Edit: if my memory serves me correctly, on one occasion we did vote? But then it was decided that it is not a fair system. Or perhaps that was proposed, but declined due to the forum wanting to avoid a popularity contest. 

So has bestmen ever been in a hosting draw or is this the first time?

Earlier you wrote that you wished that a vote had been held about bestmen's eligibility to host, would this also apply to all future hosts? Or would you suggest that one or more former participants could politely request a vote on a host's right to host a TISC? 

8 minutes ago, Wumo said:

So has bestmen ever been in a hosting draw or is this the first time?

Earlier you wrote that you wished that a vote had been held about bestmen's eligibility to host, would this also apply to all future hosts? Or would you suggest that one or more former participants could politely request a vote on a host's right to host a TISC? 

bestmen has been in the hosting draw every single time we had an open bid, although if I remember correctly, he was once disqualified from bidding, due to an outrage of users disapproving of it.

and yes, the second option, some participants could politely request a vote, though I don't think that would be necessary, unless he plans to bid more than once, I don't really see that many other users that people would have a problem with bidding.