website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2016 Wild Cards

This is how Cayman sailor found out that she is going to Rio.

"I’m still taking it in. It still feels really surreal," Allan says.

Studying for A-Levels, graduating and perhaps going to college all seem like realistic goals for a 17-year old, but for sailor Florence Allan, those goals are small compared to her recent invitation to the 2016 Summer Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

"I was studying at home for an exam I had yesterday [May 18] afternoon. My dad came in and told me the news, while I was preparing for an exam!" Allan says, "A real mix of emotions!!"

#banbestmen

14 hours ago, intoronto said:

Badminton Men's singles 

:SUR Soren Opti

:BRU Jaspar Yu 

:SRI Niluka Karunaratne

Women's quotas will not be used.

Source?

In that case, reallocation would give places in women's to  :SUI  :IRL  :POR  :EST  :HUN and :LTU ; I suspect the Swiss NOC might not accept the reallocation, and in this case place should go to :NED  :who in turn might reject it and then :NGR would get the spot.

I'm crossing fingers for Australia to reject their spot in either men's or men's doubles, so Liño Muñoz can qualify

26 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Source?

In that case, reallocation would give places in women's to  :SUI  :IRL  :POR  :EST  :HUN and :LTU ; I suspect the Swiss NOC might not accept the reallocation, and in this case place should go to :NED  :who in turn might reject it and then :NGR would get the spot.

I'm crossing fingers for Australia to reject their spot in either men's or men's doubles, so Liño Muñoz can qualify

Swiss NOC already accepted their women's quota.

#banbestmen

Honduras' selection for a wild card athlete in wrestling is very questionable. They chose a girl who only competed at the American QT, and there she got crushed in her first match.

Meanwhile, Kevin Mejia, who won Honduras' only medal at 2015 Pan Ams, and who reached the qurterfinals at the final OQT doesn't get selected... This could easily be a case of corruption in Honduras Wrestling Federation.

#banbestmen