website statistics

Fencing FIE World Championships 2023

Totallympics

3 hours ago, Vektor said:

The placement matches are done in women's epee with the exception of the final.

If :ITA wins against :POL in the final, this is how the Olympic ranking will look

1. :ITA  204 pts - World 1

2. :KOR  196 pts - World 2

3. :FRA  192 pts - World 3

4. :POL  172 pts - World 4

---

5. :USA  135 pts - America

6. :SUI  134 pts - Europe

7. :HKG  132 pts - Asia

8. :UKR  124 pts

9. :HUN  122 pts

10. :CHN  114 pts

11. :CAN  113 pts

12. :EGY  108 pts - Africa

13. :EST  105 pts

14. :ISR  104 pts

15. :JPN  98 pts

16. :MAR  68 pts

17. :SWE  68 pts

What does the final ranking look like, after Poland's victory?

7 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

So Bach is like the Pope now. He is giving his blessings and apperently quotas on his desire. :rolleyes: I want a volleyball quota too mister President.

a Ice Hockey one for Cortina here too pliz, and I will call him the pope as well and even build him a statue :p

12 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

What does the final ranking look like, after Poland's victory?

1. Poland 196. 2. Korea 196 3. France 192 4.Italy 180 5. USA 135 (America) 6. Switzerland 134 (Europe) 7. Hongkong 132 (Asia) 8.Ukraine 124  9.Hungary 122 ...12 Egypt 108 (Africa)

Edited by Adriano

15 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

So Bach is like the Pope now. He is giving his blessings and apperently quotas on his desire. :rolleyes: I want a volleyball quota too mister President.

Babe, I don't want to disappoint you, but there would be a good chance that Kharlan would beat Ilieva in the second round and you would forget about the European quota forever, so this decision plays into the hands of Yoanna as well :raspberry:

1 hour ago, Matteo92 said:

Fiamingo ha thrown gold in the can for Italy.

1 hour ago, Vektor said:

Amazing, didn't see that one coming at all, :POL takes the gold from :ITA in Italy. 

when Fiamingo is the closer, you always have to see that coming :wall: :wall: :wall:

I can't believe it, the boys finally did it after so many years. And after a disappointing 4th place at the Euros. I knew that Korea was vulnerable this time, but I didn't think that we had the form to do it. 

Edited by Vektor

3 minutes ago, Illya said:

Babe, I don't want to disappoint you, but there would be a good chance that Kharlan would beat Ilieva in the second round and you would forget about the European quota forever, so this decision plays into the hands of Yoanna as well :raspberry:

Doesn't matter, rules are rules, no matter how stupid they nay be. If Kharlan beats Ilieva, then be it.

The IOC already set the rules, that Russians will be allowed under neutral flag, so FIE were following that. If they were stupid enough not to anticipate such things, then it's on their hand, but don't bend the rules afterwards to save face.. 

I don't like when people get preferable treatment, doesn't matter if your name is Kharlan, Richardson, Chalmers, Zhang, or some guy from Cambodia.. Everyone follows the rules, until someone gets a bye.

Plus it was not like this was Kharlan's one and only chance. What about the team event, where Ukraine is in a top position? What about the individual tournament, isn't Kharlan a multiple time World Champion? There are still 4 World Cup events for the rankings as well, though i'm not sure what's the value there.

This is 100% a PR stint from Bach, since the DQ hit the newsfeed worldwide. I doubt if this was someone from Albania or Singapore he would be giving out WC's.

7 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Doesn't matter, rules are rules, no matter how stupid they nay be. If Kharlan beats Ilieva, then be it.

The IOC already set the rules, that Russians will be allowed under neutral flag, so FIE were following that. If they were stupid enough not to anticipate such things, then it's on their hand, but don't bend the rules afterwards to save face.. 

I don't like when people get preferable treatment, doesn't matter if your name is Kharlan, Richardson, Chalmers, Zhang, or some guy from Cambodia.. Everyone follows the rules, until someone gets a bye.

Plus it was not like this was Kharlan's one and only chance. What about the team event, where Ukraine is in a top position? What about the individual tournament, isn't Kharlan a multiple time World Champion? There are still 4 World Cup events for the rankings as well, though i'm not sure what's the value there.

This is 100% a PR stint from Bach, since the DQ hit the newsfeed worldwide. I doubt if this was someone from Albania or Singapore he would be giving out WC's.

This isn't Kharlan's only chance and this quota may not even be used, but Kharlan is potentially suspended for 60 days for what? For not shaking hands with a Russian woman? None of the Ukrainians will do this, especially considering that Smirnova's brother is connected to the Russian army.

The disqualification was issued by the organizing committee, which is wrong and impossible, because a black card can only be given by the judge (doping is not taken into account) and no one else. The judge did not issue a black card to Olga, that is, he considered these actions to be normal.

It is absolutely obvious that Kharlan turned the Ukrainian-Russian situation in sports by this action, the fact that Russians are under a neutral flag does not make them non-Russian. There were agreements with the federation, they were not fulfilled, the next time everyone will think three hundred times about whether it is necessary to disqualify for such a stupidity as a handshake or if it is possible to do with other methods for saluting and ending the fight.

Edited by Illya