website statistics

Weightlifting AWF Asian Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

It's really sad to see our Olympic Champion in Group B ! :( Sohrab Moradi could win his 2nd Olympic gold in Tokyo but couldn't qualify because of those stupid qualification rules. he had to try harder and got himself injured again and again in the process. I'm surprised he is still trying for his 3rd Olympics. I would retire if I was him. but who knows maybe he knows his body better.

btw all of our weightlifters are in terrible shape at this time of the year. none of them will get even close to their best records. I hope it's just temporary (but I'm not 100% sure) 

and China already started to dominate the Olympic weights. they still don't give a shit about non-Olympic weights :d

Day 1 Results

Women 45kg

1. :THA Siriwimon Pramongkhol S: 77 CJ: 100 Total: 177

2. :PHI Rose Jean Ramos S: 73 CJ: 88 Total: 161

3. :INA Siti Nafisatul Hariroh S: 71 CJ: 88 Total: 159

Men 55kg

1. :VIE Tu Tung Do S: 116 CJ: 147 Total: 263

2. :VIE Son Dinh Ngo S: 117 CJ: 143 Total: 260

3. :KAZ Arli Chontey S: 117 CJ: 141 Total: 258

Women 45kg

1. :CHN Jiang Huihua S: 94 CJ: 113 Total: 207

2. :CHN Hou Zhihui S: 93 CJ: 111 Total: 204

T3. :THA Surodchana Khambao S: 90 CJ: 110 Total: 200

T3. :THAThanyathon Sukcharoen S: 90 CJ: 110 Total: 200

Day 2 Results

Women 55kg

1. :TPE Chen Guan-Ling S: 90 CJ: 114 Total: 204

2. :IND Bindyarani Sorokhaibam S: 83 CJ: 111 Total: 194

3. :VIE Quynh Nhu Vo Thi S: 88 CJ: 104 Total: 192

Men 61kg

1. :CHN Li Fabin S: 143 CJ: 171 Total: 314

2. :CHN Chen Lijun S: 142 CJ: 168 Total: 310

3. :THA Theerapong Silachai S: 137 CJ: 167 Total: 299

Day 3 Results

Men 67kg

1. :CHN He Yueji S: 147 CJ: 173 Total: 320

2. :KOR Lee Sang-yeon S: 139 CJ: 175 Total: 314

3. :UZB Adkhamjon Ergashev S: 138 CJ: 174 Total: 312

Women 59kg

1. :CHN Luo Shifang S: 105 CJ: 133 Total: 238

2. :CHN Pei Xinyi S: 103 CJ: 133 Total: 236

3. :TPE  Kuo Hsing-Chun S: 102 CJ: 128 Total: 230

:CHN Shi Zhiyong once again just participated in weight-in but didn't lift a thing, he did the same at the Worlds in Colombia. I assume he is injured. other Chinese weightlifters don't look good at all in this weight of 73kg (which is weird, you expect China to have lots of quality weightlifters in lower weights)

interesting that both top guys of Indonesia in this weight were absent :mumble: I can guess that's because of the mighty SEA Games :d am I right? @Griff88

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

:CHN Shi Zhiyong once again just participated in weight-in but didn't lift a thing, he did the same at the Worlds in Colombia. I assume he is injured. other Chinese weightlifters don't look good at all in this weight of 73kg (which is weird, you expect China to have lots of quality weightlifters in lower weights)

interesting that both top guys of Indonesia in this weight were absent :mumble: I can guess that's because of the mighty SEA Games :d am I right? @Griff88

Exactly.

Very funny while Hidilyn Diaz joined AWC and let the aspiring youngsters to play in SEA Games

9 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Exactly.

Very funny while Hidilyn Diaz joined AWC and let the aspiring youngsters to play in SEA Games

That's weird. Indonesia can win lots of easy gold medals in non-serious sports like Pencak Silat or other martial arts in SEA Games. and they couldn't afford one less gold medal in favor of a continental title? (which is also an Olympic qualifier? though replaceable)

I told my friends few days ago that SEA countries sometimes treat the SEA Games the same as the Olympics itself. looks like I wasn't exaggerating :d

37 minutes ago, MHSN said:

That's weird. Indonesia can win lots of easy gold medals in non-serious sports like Pencak Silat or other martial arts in SEA Games. and they couldn't afford one less gold medal in favor of a continental title? (which is also an Olympic qualifier? though replaceable)

I told my friends few days ago that SEA countries sometimes treat the SEA Games the same as the Olympics itself. looks like I wasn't exaggerating :d

Yep in badminton we will have the Sudirman Cup (mixed team world championships) next week, and the badminton event SEA Games spans for 2 weeks (team and individual).

Countries like Thailand and Singapore sent their best athletes for the team competition to secure medals and then those who are selected to Sudirman Cup will fly from Cambodia to China, leaving the tier two players in the individual SEA Games. Malaysia is currently freaking out because their tier two women's badminton team was beaten 0-3 by the Philippines.

Indonesians still see SEA Games as a big thing, especially when we used to dominate the Games in the 80-90s. There is like a "pride" and failing to place top 3 in SEA Games is a very bad thing. Even the government already started to shift focus and treat SEA Games as a place to find new talents, people still not having the same mindset.

Getting a gold in SEA Games still give you a bigger spot on the newspaper than winning an Asian championships.

Edited by Griff88